California's Prop 19 Vote & Results?

California Prop 19 is the initiative to legalize the sale and consumption of marijuana for persons over the age of 21. I keep reading projections of prop19's affects on California from both sides but I have yet to see anything to back the claims of either side.
What are the chances of California Prop. 19 passing today November 2, 2010?
Are there any results yet on the Proposition 19 vote?
If so, what are the results?

asked by Shane in Politics | 8694 views | 11-02-2010 at 07:56 PM

I think the chances of Prop 19 passing in California are excellent. There probably isn't even one person in the entire country that hasn't either been personally damaged or had someone close to them damaged by the anti-marijuana persecutions.

Results are not ready yet.

Prop 19 is not only good for the economy but it is also good for the well being of the state.

The California proposal - titled the Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act - would allow adults 21 and over to possess up to an ounce of pot, consume it in nonpublic places as long as no children were present and grow it in small private plots.

The no on prop 19 campaign is already practically claiming victory. They're that confident that prop 19 will fail. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

answered by Hector | 11-02-2010 at 07:57 PM

I don't think prop 19 will be passed.
I visited I saw a lot of square looking people that looked like they were there to vote no..

Most polls leading up to the election suggested that the majority of Californians were opposed to legalization. And the major newspapers, both political parties, the two candidates for governor, and most politicians were against the measure, too.

answered by Gerard | 11-02-2010 at 11:28 PM

We are still living in the past. Prop 19, the California ballot initiative proposing the legalization of marijuana was rejected at the polls.
I looked at the result and the votes against it were made mainly by old people. I guess we'll have to keep on waiting.

answered by Blake | 11-03-2010 at 03:07 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.