Salvia Divinorum Effects on the Body & Brain?

Miley Cyrus is part of a big scandal after the a video was leaked where she is smoking Salvia Divinorum.
In the video she looks very enthusiastic and excited after smoking Salvia. I know that it is a legal drug, at least in some states, and it's not considered dangerous for your body.
What I want to know is, what effects does Salvia Divinorum have on the body and the brain?
I actually heard Salvia Divinorum was used by mexican gurus to see spirits.

Is it like pot or is it entirely different? Can you get addicted to Salvia Divinorum?

asked by Randy in Drugs & Medicine | 3637 views | 12-10-2010 at 11:38 PM

According to the DEA, these are the effects of Salvia on the body and brain: "Psychic effects include perceptions of bright lights, vivid colors and shapes, as well as body movements and body or object distortions."

Salvia Divinorum is a hallucinogenic drug made from a plant in the mint family and itís legal in many states, including California where the video was taken of Cyrus.

Salvia is not only legal, but a completely safe non-addictive plant used primarily in spiritual rituals (unless you're a teen looking for a legal high).

Under the Controlled Substance Act, U.S. drug policy assigns narcotics into five different "schedules" which are determined by the DEA and the Food and Drug Administration. The DEA does not currently list Salvia, an herb that, when smoked, provides a powerful psychoactive punch, though several states have made it illegal.

In New York State, legislation is pending, according to the DEA. California, the state where Cyrus was caught on video smoking the plant, has legislation restricting the distribution of the plant only.

answered by Gerard | 12-10-2010 at 11:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.