not mexican
she is not mexican you kids think say that i have her book i know not you her dad is mexican ok you funny kids now go to work get a job ok!

answered by Guest | 08-26-2010 at 01:08 AM

She was born in New York, New York and is Mexican and Italian. Look it up.

answered by Erica Xmen | 08-26-2010 at 12:30 PM

her name is not McDonalds or Wendys, her name is Spanish.. SELENA GOMEZ, just get over it people

answered by Guest | 08-28-2010 at 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
As a response:
Yes but stereotypes are most always true, you pointed that out yourself, even if you didn't mean to. I think it is you that is the ignorant one.

i am with you i am from puerto rico and some people say i look american and i know a lot of people that look american too...

answered by Guest | 08-28-2010 at 02:43 AM

Brilliant!
Quote:
Mexicans are not asian, they can be anything else but not asians. I've yet to see a mexican with that plus, if an asian is born in mexico that doesn't mean they are mexican it just means they were born there. Mexicans don't have asian blood, so don't say that that is an INSULT
I guess since I was born in the USA but my parents are Irish Immigrants, I am not american!

answered by Guest | 08-30-2010 at 02:24 PM

stop
look at you all acting like babies just because somebody asked whether Selena was Mexican. Everybody has their own opinion and you just have to live with that.

answered by Lto1_0 | 09-04-2010 at 11:46 AM

Selena Gomez is mexican. Her name is mexican i mean common "Gomez" is a mexican last name that's my moms last name. "btw i'm mexican" and she was on the spanish channel at the awards.

answered by Guest | 09-05-2010 at 01:39 PM

Emmm
I born in Mexico, I'm Mexican and American, because i born in America. Also, I'm north-american too because Mexico, Canada and USA conform the north of this continent.

Selena was so American like me.

All people how live in USA are so American like Fidel Castro, Evo Morales, Eva Perón, Shakira, Cepillín etc, etc, etc... Its a common mistake, because the "Americans" (Of USA) are megalomaniac. Sorry but is the true.

answered by Mar | 09-06-2010 at 12:54 AM

That's a ridiculous question. LOOK AT HER NAME ... SELENA GOMEZ, both spanish names. And even if she is born in the US doesn't mean she's not Mexican, it just means shes Mexican-American well and shes Italian, so there. you people that are arguing over this are completely insane.

answered by Allie | 09-06-2010 at 01:53 AM

you people are ALL off your rockers. look at her damn name SELENA GOMEZ clearly a spanish name. she may not be born in Mexico but she is in fact some type of spanish and from what i read she is also Italian.
and btw no ones KIND OF ANYTHING! that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. her background has spanish in it NOT kind of IT DOES.

answered by Valentina | 09-06-2010 at 02:21 AM

Stupid Stupid Stupid
You white people on this thread are so ignorant! You guys wish she was white am I right? Yes I am!
She is 50% Mexican 50% Italian only because she was born in the USA doesn't make her American! STUPID PEOPLE!

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 04:53 PM

kinda mexican?
As a real Mexican American. How in the world can you be kinda Mexican? or anything else? I hate it when people say Hispanic can be black or any race! By doing so you wipe out a people who cannot be who they really are!

I can be born raised and know only German. But that don't make me German. Race and culture are two different things.

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 06:51 PM

"I would HATE to be mexican. How embarrassing would that be!!"

You're pathetic. Why the hell are you white?
You are totally brain washed.

answered by Guest | 09-17-2010 at 12:20 AM

Quote:
Your questions is worded in a way that makes you sound ignorant. Being Latino (in this case, Mexican) is NOT synonymous with someones skin color, hair, eyes, etc. Latinos from Mexico, Central, and South America can be white, black, asian, mixed, native... anything really. But to answer your question, yes. Selena is American of Mexican and Italian descent.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant, I'm just sick of people giving being latino some sort of racial value based on sterotypes the media puts out to the masses.
In fact, it is 50% Mexican, 25% Italian and 20% Spanish.
1-50% Mexican, having a Mexican father, Mexican bleeding in his blood, and because the political constitution of the United Mexican States provides that every child of Mexican parent born abroad, be Mexican.
2 "is Italian for the same case above.
3-It is Spanish, because all Mexicans are not exceptions Iberian blood (from Spain), because all the Mexicans are mixed with native Spanish.

4 - Selena Gomez is American in politics, having been born in the USA, but that does not mean you have American blood.

This I know because my mom is Mexican, my dad is German and I'm born in the USA.

answered by Guason | 09-19-2010 at 02:51 AM

Quote:
You are a big ignorant!! You can be an Asian being Mexican. A Mexican can marry an Asian and their for you are a Mexican carring Asian blood. IGNORANT!! And i am a Mexican.
My cousin is half Mexican and half Philippine.

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 03:57 AM

Quote:
I would HATE to be mexican. How embarrassing would that be!!
I am proud of being Mexican. How smart are you to be talking about an entire race like that? Did your parents or anybody teach you any manners? From your statement it is safe to assume you are uneducated. You can not judge a culture based on your culture.

P.S I am thirteen

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Selena is not Mexican oh my, you people, and i mean Mexican people think that she is mexican but she is not. She is too too pretty to be mexican ok mexican people you got that because if you don't, well that means you are all blind to see this message ok and selena is from puerto rico ok i mean, you must be talking about selena famous mexican singer of course she is mexican and I'm surprised she is beautiful then i thought she was. AND even if she looks mexican she's not and for the people who are going to talk about my message shut up because you should talk about your own ok f... you all and no I'm not from texas thank you bye
I would like for you to post a picture of you so we can all see how beautiful you are, Pookie.

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 04:29 AM

is selena gomez mexican?
Selena Gomez heritage is Mexican. she was born in the USA but her grandparents or some one in her family was born in Mexico cause there are a couple of songs she sings is spanish like her new album has a year with no rain in spanish on itunes.

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Selena is not Mexican oh my, you people, and i mean Mexican people think that she is mexican but she is not. She is too too pretty to be mexican ok mexican people you got that because if you don't, well that means you are all blind to see this message ok and selena is from puerto rico ok i mean, you must be talking about selena famous mexican singer of course she is mexican and I'm surprised she is beautiful then i thought she was. AND even if she looks mexican she's not and for the people who are going to talk about my message shut up because you should talk about your own ok f... you all and no I'm not from texas thank you bye
wow, you're really ignorant. Implying that Mexican women are ugly, and you must be dumb too.

answered by Guest | 10-18-2010 at 08:12 AM

I discovered Selena Gomez just recently in the Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place.
Selena Gomez looks Mexican, her skin color and face share are very particular. So I'd like to know if she was born in Mexico.
Or maybe she was born in another latin american country like Puerto Rico?
Also, can she speak Spanish?

While the wording of your question may have caused a great amount of people to debate on Selena Gomez' nationality and ethnicity.

So to clarify and hopefully to end all debate:

1. She is an American:
a) National: because she was born in the United States (there are other ways to obtain nationality)
b) Citizen: because she resides in the United States (if she lived elsewhere and acquired citizenship there, she'd be a US National but a citizen of the country you reside in -legally of course).

2. She can be considered Mexican because:
a) Her father is Mexican, which means she has Mexican blood.
b) If her father was born in Mexico or is a Mexican national, then she could also be a Mexican national, which means she could have dual nationality (as a lot of people do).

3. She can be considered Italian because:
a) Her mother is Italian, which means she has Italian blood.
b) If her mother holds Italian nationality, and the laws of Italy allow it, then she could become an Italian national, which means she could have triple nationality (as I know people do).

4. Can be called Latina:
Because her ethnic ancestry comes from a latin american country.

5. Could be called Hispanic because:
The term can be used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language (Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles)

TO CLARIFY:
It is one thing to be of a certain ethnic group and another to be of a certain race, and you should not get it confused.

ETHNICITY:
There are more than 5,000 ethnic groups in the world. Estimates vary, and the classification remains vague and debatable, because there are almost 7000 living languages worldwide according, so one could assume that each language is spoken by at least one ethnic group, meaning there are almost 7000 ethnic groups around the world.

RACE:
The world population can be divided into four major races: Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid and Australoid. But, there really is no universally accepted classification for “race”.

As for who is what, that's where the fun begins.

answered by Guest | 10-18-2010 at 09:21 AM

Selena Gomez is Mexican and other nationalities like Italian. So, yes she is a mexican!

SO stop fighting and all that stuff!

answered by Sarbarewdfrhththjjj | 10-23-2010 at 11:14 PM

Selena Is Half American, Italian, and Mexican
Full name: Selena Marie Gomez

Race: Half American, Italian, and Mexican

Birthplace: Grand Prairie Texas

Birthday: July 22, 1992

Current Age: 18 Years Old

I LOVE SELENA <3

answered by Guest | 11-03-2010 at 12:18 AM

Mexicans
I honestly don't care if Selena is Mexican or not, Mexican are great people, so long as they aren't sneaking into the country and instead use the legal process everyone else does. You shouldn't be able to walk across the border, have a child, and then be able to not only sign up for our government's welfare program and steal our tax dollars, but also VOTE. Illegal immigrants should not be given more privileges than the people who are here because they worked for it, because they have a right to be here. If you got here using the process everyone else uses, I'll be the first to invite you over for dinner, but if not, stay out of our country, and away from our tax dollars and our polling places!!!

answered by Myself | 11-09-2010 at 07:15 AM

Just Because her mum is Italian does not mean she is less Italian than Mexican. That is just being sexist!

answered by Guest3 | 11-14-2010 at 12:47 AM

you r wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Selena is mexican she even said it herself her dad is mexican. Gomez is a spanish name all you haters out there are just mad because she's not white or black (haters). I'm proud that she's mexican i'm proud that i'm mexican

MEXICAN PRIDE ALL DAY

JUST because her dad is mexican doesn't make her mexican and the same thing with her last name. My last name is spanish but i was born in Australia so I'm only part spanish.

answered by Guest3 | 11-14-2010 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Selena Gomez is Mexican because she is hot!
this is the only good comment i read on this whole thing.

answered by Guest | 11-17-2010 at 06:00 AM

is selena gomez mexican?
I think Selena Gomez is Mexican because when she went to the Latin Grammys, they said Selena Gomez was Mexican as also i am Mexican from Leon, its a pretty big place

you guys might not relive it but its true and you guys should go to youtube and watch naturally you guys wait until 1.18 and you guys look at her face carefully she looks Mexican i just wanted to see if everyone sees this, well I just want to tell her that I am her number 1 fan i have all her Cd's i even went to one of your concerts never mind hah lol well people say you like Justin Bieber i say its not true but everybody in my school knows well

I think i wrote a lot so bye

from, larisa
bye

answered by larisa | 11-27-2010 at 07:05 PM

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian View Post
Selena Gomez is not mexican. She was born on July 22, 1992 in New York City, New York. Her parents are called Mandy Cornett and Ricardo Gomez.
Are you a kid or just another uneducated white American? shes American of Italian and Mexican heritage!
So is Demi Lovato (half Mexican, half Italian/Irish)

answered by Vanessa | 11-30-2010 at 04:14 AM

you failed history & geography
Quote:
Mexicans are not asian, they can be anything else but not asians. I've yet to see a mexican with that plus, if an asian is born in mexico that doesn't mean they are mexican it just means they were born there. Mexicans don't have asian blood, so don't say that that is an INSULT
FYI the natives from the AMERICAS (that includes Mexico, the rest of Latin America and the U.S) came to the America's from ASIA so therefore Most Mexicans and Hispanics in general are EURO-ASIAN mixture. Mexican is not a race, it's a culture and MIXTURE of people of European and native(south/east Asian) by majority.

answered by Vanessa | 11-30-2010 at 04:17 AM

Selena Gomez is a Mexican American and Latin American.

answered by Guest | 11-30-2010 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
You're such a f******! Lmao! xD
Puerto Rican? Really?
Who the f*** won Miss Universe? That's write. Mexicans can be pretty too! People from any race can be pretty. Ugh! I hate stupid ignorants that should be exterminated from the face of this Earth!

answered by Guest | 12-03-2010 at 02:50 AM

yes mexican
Selena Gomez I can assure you she is not even 1% American ....she may be American just because she was born in new york. But talking about blood she's 50 percent Mexican and 50 percent Italian, American girls are ugly.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 10:38 PM

In this magazine i was reading she said "it's neat ti be Mexican it makes me feel special" so even she said it she is Mexican the proof read the magazine "twist holiday hookups''

answered by Guest | 12-24-2010 at 05:13 AM

I'm 12 years old and I know that Texas is a district. It is not a state. I also know that Selena Gomez is not dirty or anything like that.
And we were talking about pics of her and how it is so disgusting to even think that she would do that. And stop being so racist: Hispanic, Latino, Mexican, Italian or whatever it is because she is a gorgeous little girl.

She probably would sue the websites that have fakes of her or whatever because it's not nice. PERIOD. Many people don't like it when actresses or actors get ranted on, I'm one of them (the only exception is Justin Bieber or whatever his name is and Chris brown.) you guys should stop doing this to her because she being defamed all over the place as you guys said it. STOP IT NOW, PLEASE.

answered by Guest | 12-27-2010 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
As a response:
Yes but stereotypes are most always true, you pointed that out yourself, even if you didn't mean to. I think it is you that is the ignorant one.
Are you American? do you look like Pocahontas? Stereotypes are "A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, OPINION, or image" Latin American countries were also conquered and DO have different ethnic groups.

answered by Guest | 12-29-2010 at 05:07 AM

Her nationality is American. Her heritage is Mexican and Italian. To be born in a specific place does not make you any prettier. It's something called genes. People of all races can be beautiful.

answered by hot like mexico0o0o0o0o0 | 12-29-2010 at 05:19 AM

????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
She is 30 percent italian, 10 percent mexican, and and the rest BOLOGNE. LOL

Sincerely, a Selena Gomez hater.
How could you be a hater, she is the hottest disney channel star I have ever seen and other people think that she is hot or even pretty

answered by Guest | 12-31-2010 at 07:00 AM

She is not Mexican on the comments she even told us.

answered by alyssa | 01-01-2011 at 06:46 AM

selena
First of all just because last name is Gomez doesn't really mean you're Mexican. Philipino people have spanish last names they got during the invasion by Spain, just like Mexico when it was invaded by Spain so don't assume all people with spanish last names are Mexican plus those names are really spanish last names and true Mexican people are like the Aztecs and Mayans which speak a whole different language like Indians. All Mexicans now speak Spanish a language you all learned when invaded by Spain.

answered by Guest | 01-03-2011 at 06:33 PM

sorry
Hi there ! Everyone in my class they say she is Mexican because she knows and sings in spanish that's what my friend Jessica said. But hello people I speak spanish and am not Mexican that's just stupid to say. She is really nice and a wonderful person.

answered by Guest | 01-03-2011 at 11:45 PM

Some mexicans are Chinese, Japanese, or Koreans. Go to Mexicali at 7 in the morning at the bus stops. You swear you're in China.

One of my good friends is mexican of korean descent. Yeah asian people all over Mexicali. I live here.

answered by Guest | 01-13-2011 at 01:41 AM

She was born in America, making her nationality American. Her parents are of Mexican and Italian descent, making her ethnicity ... well, of Mexican and Italian descent. There are many ways you could say that respectfully and politically correct, but their pretty specific. But just to clarify she IS American because she was born here, but that doesn't mean her ethnicity is American. Speaking of which, what really defines an American ethnicity? I feel sometimes that America is too diverse to have one ethnicity, sometimes it seems just simply a nationality.

answered by Guest | 01-17-2011 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
I want to be honest, your dark hair and that special mexican charm and your swetty face, make me love you. I will always gonna be your fan although U R`nt 100% mexican.

J. Vazquez D.
If her mum is Italian (100%) then she is 50% Italian 50% Mexican.. go educate yourself! and Hispanic (Latino) is not a race.. it's a culture.. which is related to Spanish speakers.

There is no specific look for them. They can be every race so Selena is White I'm 100% sure! her mum is 1000% White and Dad is Mexican by nationality but by race probably White he looks like he is White 70%, 30% Native or less so she is probably White like 90% or more and 10% Native or less! she is White, and by Culture Hispanic. Eva L. looks White also she did a DNA test and yeah she is. I was right. and was so wrong on it?

answered by Guest | 01-19-2011 at 12:53 PM

?? :S
Being Mexican and Italian is not a race that you background. Her culture is Hispanic/ Latino and race is White.

answered by Guest | 01-19-2011 at 01:01 PM

You can be asian and mexican at the same time.
I'm full blooded Chinese and 100% Mexican.

I was born and raised in Mexico, and so were both my parents.

So, yes you can be ASIAN and 100 % Mexican. Mexican is not a race, is not an ethnicity. It's a nationality.

Cheers!

answered by MexicanWang | 01-22-2011 at 04:05 AM

american
If you are born in USA, you are American! even if you have Mexican and Italian blood you are American.

answered by Guest | 01-24-2011 at 06:22 PM

Selena Gomez is not Mexican, she looks Mexican but she's not. She's half Spanish and half Italian i believe.

answered by edas | 01-27-2011 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
her father is MEXICAN and her mother is italian.. sooo that mean she MIXED!!! Mexican and italian!!! duh people shes not american
you mean her mother is mexican and her father is italian

answered by Guest | 01-31-2011 at 08:39 PM

You are all ridiculous! It honestly doesn't matter. Stop fighting. It's just immature.

answered by Guest | 02-01-2011 at 01:14 AM

Dude she is half Mexican if her dad is from Mexico and half Italian, if her moms from there and half American. If she was born here for the people that didn't know New York is part of America and if you're going to be racist like saying that you don't like Mexicans keep that to yourself before you get your as kicked by Mexicans.

answered by ANGII | 02-09-2011 at 08:17 AM

She is Mexican American
Yes her father is Mexican American and her mother is also Mexican American of half Italian descent. She was named after Mexican American "Tejano" singer Selena.

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 08:18 AM

trjjkl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
She is 30 percent italian, 10 percent mexican, and and the rest BOLOGNE. LOL

Sincerely, a Selena Gomez hater.
Dude she does look Mexican and what do you mean she doesn't ACT Mexican? How do they act? You cannot know who is Mexican by the way they act, they are perfectly normal!

answered by Guest | 03-20-2011 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
AND even if she looks mexican she's not and for the people who are going to talk about my message shut up because you should talk about your own ok f... you all and no I'm not from texas thank you bye
Too bad you think Selena is TOO pretty to be Mexican because let me tell you that MISS UNIVERSE 2010 IS 100% MEXICAN. Sorry if it hurts :S

answered by Guest | 03-20-2011 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Sorry if this sounded like a rant, I'm just sick of people giving being latino some sort of racial value based on sterotypes the media puts out to the masses.
It's true they can be, but I live in Mexico and I have never seen a black person or any other, except Asian. Just saying.

answered by Guest | 03-24-2011 at 01:50 AM

OK...
Like most people are saying (this is to you): Calling someone white or black isn't being racist or wrong. I am Native and is as pale as a cloud. Calling me white, even thought I'm native doesn't make you ignorant. It's because my father is from France.
And to the questioner: I really don't know. She could be... she DOES look like it. I agree. She plays a Mexican.Latino on Wizard's.
I have friends who are Latino and they aren't from Mexico, so maybe her parents are from somewhere else but she looks Mexican.
(My brother's best friend is Latino and everyone calls him Mexican. My mom gets mad because he isn't actually Mexican lol)

answered by Guest | 04-11-2011 at 01:14 AM

Hey my name is Aiyanna and I like your show on Disney channel, I like a lot of your songs like Shake it up and a year without rain, a lot of songs I like.
How old are you? Can you try to write me back and sorry if I spell some stuff wrong.
bye

answered by aiyanna | 05-08-2011 at 02:03 AM

Selena is Mexican because her dad Ricardo Gomez is Mexican and mom is part Italian so she is a little Mexican but why do you think she looks mexican?
Also I think I am kinda like young Selena because people say I looked like her when she was on barney which isn't funny nor bad.
Also my dad is Spanish plus my mom is Italian but I was born in America like her and part of my family is from Texas and my middle name is Marie.

answered by Guest | 05-22-2011 at 08:21 PM

Selena Gomez is mixed, she's part Mexican and part Italian. Her mom is from the country Italy and her dad is Mexican. Also she is not from new york, she's from grand priere (did I spell it right?) Texas look it up! And Mexicans are the best! So go get a life haters.

answered by Barbie:) | 05-30-2011 at 04:14 PM

I am proud to be full Mexican even though I look white, I don't get why you Americans hate us, in fact, you guys hate most races because they immigrate to the US, don't you realize you did the same thing many centuries ago?

And like everyone said before, Selena is half mexican, half italian but she was born in the US.

Whoa people I love how this thread was about Selena Gomez and it ended up discussing something else.

I don't even like Selena.

& to the girl from the UK, I love you haha.

answered by Alex | 06-13-2011 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
As a response:
Wow I agree with him/her, not you, they are not always true and you don't need to be calling people names when they are just giving their opinion.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2011 at 01:02 AM

Selena Gomez was born in Grand Prarie Texas her mom is part Italian and her dad is part Mexican so yes she is Mexican after all. Why do you guys keep discussing it?

answered by Guest | 07-02-2011 at 02:25 AM

Quote:
Yes they can be. My friend's dad is Asian and his mom is Mexican so he has Mexican and Asian blood in him.

answered by Guest | 07-02-2011 at 02:27 AM

Stupid!
First of all, she does look very much, MEXICAN! And what do you mean by, "She doesn't act Mexican"? What does a Mexican act like?

answered by Guest | 07-02-2011 at 04:23 AM

IGNORANT PEOPLE
People yes her heritage is half Mexican and half Italian, the only difference is that she was born in America. There's nothing hard to understand there. so the point is just because you are black, brown, white or purple it don't mean you are one specific race. Grow up get a life do something.

answered by flylikeamf | 07-04-2011 at 04:40 PM

When I first saw Selena Gomez I asked myself, what is that Mexican girl doing on TV? Then I found out she was born in America and she doesn't speak Spanish at all, strange.

answered by Guest | 07-08-2011 at 02:30 AM

comment