Is Ghost Adventures Scripted?

Is Ghost Adventures scripted or real? I love reality shows and I'm becoming addicted to Ghost Adventures.
But I've been thinking if the show is real as they claim or if it's scripted. Usually I think they're just a bunch of crap but I've been watching these episodes like all day...and they're actually more realistic than the other ones.
I know most of MTV's reality shows are scripted but Ghost Adventures can't be scripted because if it is, it means the whole show is fake and they're faking every single thing they do.

So does anyone know for sure if Ghost Adventures is scripted or not? Is it real or is it fake?

asked by Blake in Television | 25134 views | 10-25-2010 at 12:36 AM

There is no such thing as a show that does not have a script of some sort. That being said Ghost Adventures has a formula that seems to work.

There are episodes where they go to a penitentiary or a house that's possessed, those I believe to be real because demons do exist. Any place that's feeds off sin and bad energy will attract an evil entity.

But sometimes, some of the things that happen like noises or voices, makes me wonder if someone really is in one those places playing tricks on them. Its so dark in there and the places are so big anyone can hind anywhere.
I would like to go and investigate with them too.

I was immediately hooked from the moment I saw the first episode! The show has every element you can ask for in a ghost series.

answered by Rylee | 10-25-2010 at 12:38 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of those types of shows- ghost adventures, scariest places on earth, ghost hunters, etc. - are all set up.
Ghost Adventures is absolutely scripted. Shows like Ghost Adventures where they find Ghosts in every room of every house or building they investigate are so unrealistic, and so over dramatized.

The only way you can think Ghost Adventures is real is if you think a bunch of college frat boys cussing at sounds and shadows is what a real ghost would respond to.

answered by Emely | 10-25-2010 at 12:39 AM

Ghost Adventures is not scripted, because it would be way more paranormal

answered by Guest | 10-25-2010 at 03:32 AM

Of course these shows are scripted. No network is going to take a chance on a ghost or spirit showing up. They're not going to waste their money. It's all a set up.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ghost Adventures is not scripted, because it would be way more paranormal
When you think about it, it's already way TOO paranormal.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2010 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emely View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of those types of shows- ghost adventures, scariest places on earth, ghost hunters, etc. - are all set up.
Ghost Adventures is absolutely scripted. Shows like Ghost Adventures where they find Ghosts in every room of every house or building they investigate are so unrealistic, and so over dramatized.

The only way you can think Ghost Adventures is real is if you think a bunch of college frat boys cussing at sounds and shadows is what a real ghost would respond to.
They DON"T find evidence in every room they go in. Remember, they are inside or "locked down" in some of these places for 10-12 hours at a time! They have to go through a lot of footage and evp work to get an hour episode! That being said, most of the time they try to rile up whatever spirit is there, AND all the places that they go to have some sort of very sad, or even very violent history. That kind of energy will stay around. If you have never experienced this kind of phenomenon, then you cannot say it doesn't exist or that this show is fake.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2010 at 10:07 PM

Ghost Adventures does 14 day investigations.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2010 at 10:15 PM

I'm a skeptic, but I don't care to watch any other shows of this nature except Ghost Adventures. It seems more real to me. If you go to the websites of some of these places such as Waverly Hills, they are booked solid with tours year round. There has to be testimonial of skeptics coming out believers. I think there is better evidence of the paranormal than there is of Big Foot. Even though I am one that needs to see in person to truly believe, I wouldn't want to be locked down in Bobby Mackey's.

answered by Guest | 12-02-2010 at 04:11 PM

Ghost adventures is real, I meet zak bagans, he said the show is not scripted but he did say that when you are in complete darkness you can't tell what your looking at so they use there video cameras to groove it ghost adventures is real but to let you know they cant see a thing so some sounds might just be from the building or something so i know its real when i meet zak he said this that they dont have a camera crew and ghost hunters does so zak aaron and nick are the only ones in the place ghost hunters is fake there camera crew does stuff and makes noises to make it look real now some of ghost hunters might be real but a whole lot of it isn't ghost adventures is what you need to watch.

answered by Guest | 12-20-2010 at 03:15 PM

I'm still on the fence with this show. I do believe in some paranormal. But to the person who says they met Zak. Really what do you expect him to say? Oh yes it's all set up?

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 04:07 AM

Well, I like this show even though I don't believe in ghosts. My brother and I saw a pair of ghosts when we were kids. Also, we used to live in the ghettos of Fresno where lots of people got murdered, and get mysterious scratches on our bodies, and sometimes they would burn so bad that you know it the instant you were getting them. At that time we were dumb kids, and maybe even now we are still dumb: I am chalking up those experiences as poison ivy and a crazy imagination.

But now that we're adults, we're skeptics, but we now have our minds open.

answered by chengsta | 02-23-2011 at 08:31 PM

GH vs GA
I have watched both Ghost hunters and Ghost adventures...like someone said above, in GH, there is always a camera crew around and that should attribute for the banging noises and the whispers...GH and even GHI seems to be completely staged.

But in GA, I have never seen a camera angle other than the one by Zak, Aaron or Nick..they claim only 3 are there and they are locked down for an entire night...and by looking at the camera angles, this seems to be true...

But still, i am skeptical about GA also...to cite an example, when they did the La Purisma Mission, they showed that the bed of the Rev. has been completely messed up..they already showed ppl who were mentioning about hauntings in that room..and if I remember correctly, Zak mentioned that they will keep a still nigh camera in that room....so, where is the footage when someone was messing up the bed??

answered by Guest | 02-24-2011 at 11:17 AM

They can only have like 30 minutes of what they film in the show. They film for at least 12 hours a night. They even sometimes investigate over a period of days, so they only show what they think is important to show... the main points. Bed getting messed up isn't too important because when it was messed up, all 3 of them were together and no one else was with them.

answered by Guest | 02-27-2011 at 05:46 AM

I don't care what any one says when they're in those places I get chills when they do so either way real or not that show gives me the creeps...I wish I could come in touch with paranormal...like my GMA or GPA! So I believe its real

answered by Guest | 03-26-2011 at 06:08 AM

It's a great show either way, though. And people who have only seen the documentary and are saying "oh it's a bunch of college kids crapping their pants at shadows" because they ran from a freaking BRICK AND PLANK FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, if you watch the show, they have never run since then. They've been physically attacked (Zak, Aaron) and possessed (nick, Zak), and they still didn't run. So don't form an opinion until you are educated on the subject. Thank you.

answered by Guest | 04-07-2011 at 12:58 PM

Blow
OK I have seen every one and I believe it is real there is s*** I don't believe but I would love to go on a lock down with them to see first hand but I do think they over act at some moments of the show but people like it.

answered by Kyle | 04-12-2011 at 06:04 AM

LO
Are you guys really this stupid and easy to fool? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you, really cheap. How can you for one second, think that any of this coming from the "pretty boy front man?" These guys are an emo band gone WAY wrong. He's "edgy, and extreme!" Oh please, they have no knowledge of anything, all this "energy" around me! What a joke. If half of you pissants even looked up what some of their "scientific" evidence claims you'd realize it's all crack-pot **** heads who think they know about science. However, you are probably all "tea-party"ers, so go to hell you genetic reject.

answered by Guest | 05-22-2011 at 07:36 AM

LeRoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
So does anyone know for sure if Ghost Adventures is scripted or not? Is it real or is it fake?
Well, there are some parts where they are scripted:

1. Narration (of course!)
2. Redoing the past events (of course since it's necessary for some ghosts to get triggered to it and appear on the scene and it's clearly acting)
3. During lock downs (not scripted but the asking of Q is repetitive which is normal for ghost hunters like GA)
4. The Questions you ask on the witnesses/historians (of course)

answered by Guest | 06-24-2011 at 09:12 AM

There is only one part of the series that is scripted and that would be the very start of the show where Zak starts off the show.

And then they move on, unscripted. okay. I must admit some of the evidence {Like Orbs} does not amaze me at all. I'm not a big believer on Orbs, But to be locked in, from dusk until dawn at one of the most haunted places known to the human being, must be exciting. Just imagining it. I would love to go Ghost hunting With the crew from Ghost Adventures.

All of you Non-Believers and your "Ghost is fake" and so forth. Okay get a life really, Where do you think people go right after they die? Have you ever thought of maybe they don't want to leave their home, just because there dead? Not really. Go and believe what you want. believing isn't seeing, if it was would you believe that your name was your name without looking at a birth certificate. People that say ghost are fake are fake. They are just to afraid to admit their real.

Maybe Zak should pipe down on the taunting. I know it's to attract ghost, but one of these days he may be injured severely and/or killed. I wouldn't like it if you came up into my place and start haunting me trying to tell me what do to do. I'm a big fan of your show, but I'm against you on that... sorry man.

If you asked me Ghost Adventures are real. Thanks for hearing me out. Have A Nice Day.

answered by Parnormal | 07-18-2011 at 11:59 PM

Open Mind
This show is probably scripted and so forth, but we live in a complex universe. The more we discover about the how the universe and matter in it is shaped and how it moves, and the various physical laws we are subject to as a result of these structures the more we reveal how much more there is to know. Many people seem emotionally attached to one conclusion or another. Either the acknowledgement of things we cannot perceive or complete dismissal of them seems to be the order of the day. I think it would be good to approach most everything with an open mind. After all, most 'intelligent' scientists a hundred years ago would have laughed in your face if you would have insisted that matter could exist in units smaller than an atom... It is hard to divorce from such seemingly existential topics, but I think the world would be a better place if we all had an open mind.

answered by TAT | 10-02-2011 at 12:09 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.