Is Iron Man 3 set after The Avengers?

I'm a big fan of the new Marvel universe movies: Hulk, Thor, Iron Man... you name it. So I was thrilled when I heard that Iron Man 3 is coming out. I don't think they can outdo themselves after The Avengers, but it's always good to see Tony Stark coming back. I have seen the teaser and I am wondering: Is Iron Man 3 going to be set after The Avengers? Are the events of The Avengers going to have an impact in Iron Man 3 Or are they going to pretend that movie didn't happen, i.e. going to use a separate timeline? I really hope it's set after The Avengers, I wouldn't like if they did some kind of reboot or prequel.
Thanks...

asked by Reid in Movies | 15475 views | 02-21-2013 at 01:11 PM

How are you? I'm also a big fan of the Marvel movies (and the comics!). Iron Man 3 is set after The Avengers, and the events of that movie are definitely going to influence Tony and the other characters. In the the trailer, Tony mentions "New York", referencing the events of The Avengers. Iron Man 3 will be the first movie of the "Phase 2" (that is, the first movie of the franchise to be set after The Avengers). The other characters are also getting new movies, all of them set after it: some of the working titles are "Thor: The Dark World" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". I read that Iron Man 3 is going to be a more personal story about Tony and considering the comic it's inspired on, it's possibly going to be the best of the three...

answered by Derrick | 02-21-2013 at 01:12 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.