Listeria Meat Recall 2010?

There is a meat recall right now. Zemco Industries in Buffalo, New York, has recalled approximately 380,000 pounds of deli meat that may be contaminated with Listeria, a bacteria that can cause potentially fatal disease, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced Monday.
A retail meat sample tested positive in Georgia for Listeria bacteria. The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said that the affected meats were mainly ham and roast beef.

I'm worried because I bought meat at Wal-Mart and I already ate it, is there a way to know if I ate bad meat? How do I know if I have the Listeria bacteria that contaminated the meat?

asked by Franklin in Foods | 2073 views | 08-25-2010 at 02:17 AM

All Brandt cooked meat products bearing establishment number 164, and produced between May 30th and July 30th inclusive are affected in the 2010 Listeria Meat Recall.

The USDA said the listeria bacterium can cause listeriosis, which it described as an uncommon but potentially fatal illness. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. The disease can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea.

The products being recalled included Black Forest Ham With Natural Juices Coated with Caramel Color; Hot Ham, Hard Salami, Pepperoni, Sandwich Peppers; Virginia Brand Ham With Natural Juices, Made in New York, Fully Cooked Bacon, Sandwich Pickles, Sandwich Peppers; and Angus Roast Beef Coated with Caramel Color.

answered by Geo | 08-25-2010 at 02:18 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.