Jamie McCourt Jewish?

The owner of Los Angeles Dodgers Frank McCourt and his wife the Chief Executive Officer Jamie McCourt have separated. They have four sons.
Currently, nobody know if the couple will divorce. I want to know something about Jamie McCourt's religion. Is she jewish or catholic?

asked by Bailey in Controversy | 5719 views | 10-15-2009 at 03:05 PM

Jamie McCourt is jewish. She and her husband have maintained their involvement in the Jewish community, giving generously to Jewish charities and recently receiving the Scopus Award from the American Friends of Hebrew University. "There’s definitely an awareness in my family of how important it is to have Judaism in our lives," she says. "To me, Judaism is a reflection of values for family life, and I also associate it with my love for learning."

Raised in Baltimore, Md., McCourt grew up as a secular Jew "with a strong connection to Israel." At the age of nine, she told her mother she wanted to own a baseball team. She went on to study French at Georgetown University, receive a law degree from the University of Maryland and earn an MBA from MIT, where she wanted to do her thesis on buying a baseball team or building a ballpark but "not a single professor would sponsor it," she says.

For the Dodgers, the separation of the two of them could have long-term ramifications for the franchise if it leads to divorce, including the very likely possibility of a sale of the team.

answered by Caroline | 10-15-2009 at 03:11 PM

They (McCourts) give to the Jewish community huh, but I guess paying their fair share of taxes is not part of their religion, they give Jews a bad name.

answered by GoldenSilverStein | 03-29-2010 at 07:31 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.