Is Pan Am Still in Business?

There is a new TV Show about the company Pan Am, which is short for Pan American World Airways.
It was an air carrier in the United States and in the past, it was the most important airlines business of the country.
I've seen Pan Am's logo in many movies that take place in the 60s and apparently they were doing great.
For some reason, Pan Am is nowhere to be seen if you go to any airport now, which I think it means they're not still in business. But maybe the company is still around and they just don't deal with passengers anymore.
Can anyone let me know if Pan Am is still in business and still flying?

asked by Jayden in Television | 3032 views | 09-26-2011 at 07:49 PM

Due to heavy financial problems they had had over the years, Pan Am went out of business at early 1991.
From its foundation as America's first international airline on October 27, 1927, to its peak in the 60s, Pan Am represented luxury, glamour and limitless possibilities.
You had to consider yourself lucky to be traveling in one of their planes. I guess that attitude is what caused people to choose other airlines instead.
If you visit Pan Am's website, you can see that the brand is still in business but selling other products like apparel and accessories.

answered by Ethan | 09-26-2011 at 07:51 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.