Cranberry Sauce Recipes For Thanksgiving?

I'm making Cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and I need good recipes.
Besides brown sugar and raspberries, what else could go in a homemade cranberry sauce?
Do you have an awesome fresh cranberry sauce recipe? I am looking for a substitute for the traditional canned glop usually served at Thanksgiving that will please my picky guests.
One more question, is Cranberry sauce good for you?
Its my favorite dish at thanksgiving and I'm just wondering if its good or bad for the body.

asked by Emma in Holidays | 2608 views | 11-21-2010 at 08:29 PM

Cranberry sauce is a popular addition to Thanksgiving dinner as well as many Christmas Eve dinners.
I put cherries and cherry juice from concentrate in mine. A little sugar and reduce along with fresh cranberries. Oranges also go very well in cranberry sauce.
Cranberry's are very good for you. They are high in antioxidants and a good cleanser for your kidneys and bladder.

Here are some recipes for you.... Good luck.

Cranberry Citrus Sauce

16 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts

1. In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, and orange zest and juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir often, but beware of popping cranberries.
2. Remove from heat and add walnuts. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 4 1/2 cups.

And here's another good Cranberry recipe.

Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire

Ingredients

* 1 cup water
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
* 1 orange, peeled and pureed
* 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
* 1 pear - peeled, cored and diced
* 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to simmer, and stir in cranberries, pureed orange, apple, pear, dried fruit, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.

answered by Jayden | 11-21-2010 at 08:30 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.