Russell Hantz Tankering Service?

Is it true that Russell Hantz runs a company called Tankering Service?
If so, is Russell the owner of this company?
What is this company about and how can he run it if he's at the island in survivor?

asked by Carmia in Television | 20548 views | 11-27-2009 at 03:10 AM

That's not the name of his company, that's what he does.

Russell Hantz runs a “tankering service,” which he said is “a very lucrative business and I do well” so “I don’t have to worry about winning the million dollars.” That will give him security in the game, he said: “I can do all my strategy thinkin’ this is how I’m going to win the game, and if they catch me, then they catch me. You just can’t let ‘em catch you.”

answered by Kendra | 11-27-2009 at 03:12 AM

Russell hantz
If you do a search on hantz tankering service you will find it on 117 County Road 4532 in Daton texas. If you do a search on hantz in dayton texas you will find Melanie with the same address. if you search on melanie you will find her myspace and page for russell.
If you use bing.com you can find the address to be what appears to be a double wide in the middle of nothing outside of dayton. If you try to find a tankering service in houston you will find nothing.

answered by Guest | 12-11-2009 at 08:11 PM

I have not been following all the "chatter" about Russell's tankering service existing or not, but here is what many of you must not know about the oil industry. You will probably not find a tankering service in the city limits or incorporated area because a tankering service involves tankers (18 wheelers/semi truck). If you owned a service, you would need a large open area to park/clean/maintain the trucks etc. His service could haul anything from the mud, which is a specialized material used in drilling on oil rigs to chemicals used in the clean up after production is complete. In my area where a majority of residents make a living in the oilfield, these businesses are very common and lucrative. The office is usually a trailer/doublewide trailer/mobile home or some other type of portable building. It is usually nothing fancy, just a place where the necessary paperwork can be completed and a dispatcher can work.

I am neither defending nor condemning Russell. I am just stating facts that may or may not shed some light on the situation.

answered by Guest | 02-12-2010 at 02:06 AM

Stating facts...
Fact, there are no corporations or dba's within Dayton or Texas under the name of Russel Hantz.
Fact, there is no real property listed in the name of Russel or Melanie Hantz.
Fact, the only address listed for Russel or Melanie is the residential property that is not owned by Hantz.
Fact, there's no room on this residential lot of 18 wheel trucks... see for yourself:

Google Map

Additionally, the photo of Hantz Stadium proudly displayed on Russels Myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/russellhantz

page has absolutely nothing to do with Russel or the Hantz family.

http://timberwolves.gonorthwood.com/sharedmedia/PDF/Athletics/MI/Mens/Football/09mediaguide/1_9.pdf (scroll to bottom of page 9)

"On October 6, 2001, Northwood University renamed their football stadium to Hantz Stadium. In conjunction, the playing surface was named Juillerat Field in a ceremony at halftime of the Michigan Tech homecoming game. The stadium is named after John Hantz, who along with his company, The Hantz Group, donated the funds for the renovation of the stadium in the spring and summer of 2001. Hantz is a distinguished Northwood graduate who later on received a master’s degree from Harvard University. Mr. Hantz has been quoted as saying,
“I learned more business sense and knowledge from Northwood than I ever did at Harvard.” Hantz’ job resume includes a position at American Express prior to starting his own business venture.
Prior to 2001, the stadium was named solely after Louis B. Juillerat and donated by Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Currie of Midland."

answered by Guest | 05-17-2010 at 06:51 PM

Russell Hantz is part owner of Hantz Tankering Service.
His mother Susan Hantz is the other owner of the business.
While he is away Susan and her husband Glen take care of the business.

answered by Guest | 07-30-2010 at 04:49 PM

Russell Hantz lives in a mobile home in an area outside of Dayton called Lakeview. They have a mobile home on about 1 acre of land. Go to the Liberty county Texas appraisal district and type in the name. I am very familiar with the area (I live very close and have personally seen them AND know some of the neighbors) so I guarantee you this is the Russell Hantz from Survivor who is/has been living in a mobile home since before and after his appearance on Survivor. While the business he is part owner of may be worth $1 million, he certainly doesn't have millions of dollars- trust me on that!

answered by Dayton_BuddyT | 08-24-2011 at 03:35 AM

comment