How Was JR Martinez Burned and Injured?

Earlier this week, JR Martinez declared he didn't consider himself beautiful, which shocked a lot of people.
How was JR Martinez face burned and injured? I've noticed his skin doesn't look normal, he has several scars in his face and neck.
I wonder how he burned his face and where those injuries came from, was it in some sort of accident? Have you guys seen JR Martinez before this thing happened to him?
JR Martinez is a very inspirational guy, I love his personality and seriously hope he wins DWTS.

asked by Marcus in Television | 9897 views | 10-19-2011 at 07:36 PM

JR Martinez burned his body when he was 19 and serving in Iraq, he was involved in a serious accident.
He got injured when the car he was in ran over a mine and there was an explosion.
JR Martinez was the guy with the most serious injuries, he got trapped in the vehicle and got burned for several minutes before someone could help him.
You'd think that JR Martinez would become a bitter and angry person full of resentment at what he lost and all that happened to him, but he is one of the most humble guys I know.

answered by Preston | 10-19-2011 at 07:39 PM

I know how
JR Martinez joined the army. He was driving one of those big jeeps. In the ground was a landmine. The car went CA-BOOM! He had to go trough 32 surgeries to get to the way he looks now.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 02:42 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.