Lake Havasu Piranhas Real or Fake?

Lake Havasu is the place where the movie Piranhas 3D takes place.
The trailers show college kids on spring break, drinking gallons of beer and being consumed by Piranhas with big teeth.
I was told that in Lake Havasu there are real killer piranhas in the water and I was wondering if its real.
I know the piranhas in the movie are fake but, is Lake Havasu a place known for being plagued by piranhas?

asked by Gloria in Movies | 6616 views | 08-22-2010 at 10:21 PM

All of the piranhas in the movie are fake and there's never been any killer fish loose in Lake Havasu, but apparently some people are believing the movie is based in real facts.

Some tourists actually think that there could be piranhas in the water and local businesses are afraid its going to keep visitors away.

Piranhas are a tropical species, they’re natural range is from northern South America as far south as the weather is warm enough—southern Brazil, parts of Argentina. They can’t take water under 60 degrees.
That's why it's almost impossible to find piranhas in Lake Havasu.

answered by Novelty | 08-22-2010 at 10:21 PM

piranhas
i think piranhas are kind of real because i just saw a movie called mega piranha and the piranhas were really big and some people were trying to kill them

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 03:27 AM

piranha
I saw the movie too and I am so scared. Is it real? I don't know, I mean they are real.

answered by Guest | 03-11-2011 at 08:46 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.