Which Airports Have Full Body Scanners?

It appears that in the wake of the attempted bombing of the jet over Detroit, that a new kind of full body scanner is to be used at airports for all airline passengers and crew.
It gives a clothes free view of the body and also see's into it, so items strapped to the outside or contained inside the body will be detected.
Which Airports have full body scanners now?

asked by Alissa in Aircraft | 3588 views | 12-30-2009 at 05:02 PM

Body-scanning machines that show images of people underneath their clothing are being installed in 10 of the nation's busiest airports in one of the biggest public uses of security devices that reveal intimate body parts.

The Transportation Security Administration recently started using body scans on randomly chosen airline passengers in Los Angeles, Baltimore, Denver, Albuquerque and New York's Kennedy airport.

Airports in Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas and Miami will be added this month. Reagan National Airport near Washington starts using a body scanner Friday. A total of 38 machines will be in use within weeks.

The scanners are usually very effective and efficient, it's with the operators the problem lies. It is very difficult to concentrate on boring and sedentary work unless you have a strong motivation. As for individuals using their race or religion to object the answer is simply if you don't want to be security screened your not travelling, end of story.

answered by Neil | 12-30-2009 at 05:04 PM

I'm refusing to go through the full-body x-ray and if they make me miss my flight, I'll sue them. I'll probably schedule a flight just to do this.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2010 at 06:56 PM

I don't think you'll find an accurate list for that, it's too early to determine which airport has full body scanners, I am sure there are more airports at this moment that are still in progress of installing these.

answered by danna | 02-23-2010 at 01:45 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.