Why is Kelly Ripa on Crutches?

Today Kelly Ripa walked into the studio on crutches, with Regis helping her get into her chair. Once there, she launched into her tale, which involved multiple visits to all of the doctors Regis recommended.

What happened to Kelly Ripa? Why is she on crutches, was she part of an accident or something?

Kelly Ripa is known for being in fabulous shape but the doctors have banned her from going to the gym or doing any exercise at all for three to six weeks.

I heard she mentioned something about a fracture but I couldn't watch the whole thing. Is Kelly Ripa's injury serious? Is she going to be OK soon?

asked by Corey in Television | 5606 views | 12-08-2010 at 06:28 PM

Kelly Ripa had been having pain for several weeks and thought she had a torn muscle. So she went to see a doctor. An X-ray showed there was nothing wrong. "I was just there for the painkillers, let's face it!" she joked.

Kelly Ripa explained that she has a stress fracture in her right hip. Her doctor told her not to exercise for 3-6 weeks, which was hard for the active Kelly Ripa to hear.

Kelly Ripa should be very thankful that her injury only requires rest to heal. Sure she has to walk around on crutches for a bit, but at least she doesn't need surgery or physical therapy.

Meanwhile, Kelly's ‘Live with Regis and Kelly’ co-host, Regis Philbin, had to get stitches after cutting his hand. He sliced his hand open while cutting open a package with a box cutter.

answered by Karina | 12-08-2010 at 06:29 PM

I was surprised when I saw Kelly Ripa walk onto the set with the help of Regis and a pair of crutches.
The first thing I thought was that she was in a car accident. But apparently she is fine and her injury will heal itself.

answered by Guest | 12-09-2010 at 02:32 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.