When is Daylight Savings Time Over: Fall 2011?

Daylight Savings Time is when we change our clocks every year to save energy.
We're in fall 2011 now so I was wondering when is Daylight Savings Time over this year. I know it started in March but when is it over? My cousin is from Great Britain and they change their clock's time in October during Halloween. In the United States of America is a different day, do you know when it is over?
Do you think the Daylight Savings Time change will ever be eliminated and we'll just have the same time throughout the year?

asked by Trevor in Internet | 3989 views | 10-28-2011 at 01:18 AM

In the USA, we change the clocks back during the fall on the month of November. In 2011, DST will be over on the 6th at 2:00 AM.
Someday the government will revise the Daylight Savings Time measure and maybe it will consider changing it.
An early goal of Daylight Savings Time was to reduce evening usage of incandescent lighting, but modern heating and cooling usage patterns differ greatly.
I don't have an issue with changing my clock, it's just 2 times every year and we do it to use the light of the sun better.

answered by Jude | 10-28-2011 at 01:21 AM

They were talking about it on TV today, Daylight Savings Time is over in November, exactly nine days from today. Don't forget to change your alarm or you'll be late for work.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 12:52 AM

DST time is over next week, if you own a smart phone there's a cool app for Android and iPhone that changes the time automatically every fall. It changes both your alarm clock and your normal one.
It also reminds you that you have to change all your other clocks with a neat notification.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 12:30 PM

In the U.S., 2:00 a.m. was originally chosen as the changeover time because it was practical. Most people were at home and they wouldn't get confused so much. Imagine if you have a meeting at noon and they change it at 1:00 PM. That would cause a lot of trouble.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 06:40 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.