When is Fall Back 2011: Clocks & Time Change Dates in USA?

We're in that time of the year when the clocks go back and the time changes, signalling the start of winter and we all get an extra hour in bed.
When is fall back 2011 exactly? What is the date in the USA?
I got confused because I checked some websites and they talked about changing the clocks and the time this week but I was told it was next week. Then I realized England changes their time at a different day than in the USA. They still do it in fall, just a different time. Would you please let me know the dates of fall back 2011 in the United States?

asked by Cody in Internet | 17077 views | 10-27-2011 at 11:47 PM

We used to change our clocks at a different time a while ago in the USA.
In 2011, the fall back date takes place on November 6 at 2:00 AM, watches go back to 1:00 AM.
Actually a few years ago, Daylight Savings was pushed back, into November. I think they stopped changing the clocks right before Halloween because it was too dark in the USA for the kids to trick-or-treat.
Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours.

answered by Kenneth | 10-27-2011 at 11:47 PM

Daylight saving time ends between September–November in the northern hemisphere. The reason we implement DST is in hopes to make better use of the daylight in the evenings.
As the answer above states, Fall back 2011 is in November 6.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2011 at 02:09 AM

I got so confused with some news articles I read. They all said I was supposed to change my clock the last day of October.
It's a good thing I read this post, now I know it's actually next month, which is a few days away.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2011 at 08:10 AM

Luckily my iPhone has a reminder that lets me know when is fall back and changes the time automatically.
Otherwise I wouldn't know when to change the clock.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 12:50 AM

Well they said that at the first Sunday of November, at exactly 2 A.M. is when to set your clock an hour backwards so that it will be 1 A.M.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 12:31 AM

People is not that hard, next Sunday at 2:00 AM just move your clocks back one hour and that's it. If you're unsure if your state changes the time, check this site > timeanddate.com and see if your region is included in the time change.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 03:06 AM

Pretty much all states of America except for a few ones begin Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and reverts to standard time on the first Sunday in November.
That's how it has worked for many years now.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 06:33 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.