How Does Apple iMessage Work?

Before iOS 5 was released, I read about how Apple's iMessage was going to work once you got it installed in your iPhone. It doesn't use your carrier and sends messages through the Internet.
Now that I downloaded the latest update with iMessage, I just don't know how the app is supposed to work.
I mean, I see that you can activate iMessage in the iPhone settings and you actually have to add your Apple ID information, but once it's on I don't know how it works and how I'm supposed to use it.
I go to the Messages app and I don't see anything related to iMessage.
Does anyone know how it can I use the new app?

asked by Faith in Internet | 3013 views | 10-17-2011 at 09:51 PM

iMessage allows you to send texts for free to other ios devices through the mail app.
Apple wanted to create a way for all iOS users, that includes iPads and iPods, to be able to quickly message each other in a free and simple way.
You won't notice an iMessage special app in your phone or device. You just send the message and the only way to tell it's an iMessage is if you see the bubble with a blue color.
iMessage is built into the messenger App enabling you to send text, photos, videos and other media. It also comes with Group Messaging. That's basically how it works.

answered by Lucy | 10-17-2011 at 09:51 PM

I found iMessage very confusing at first. I was hoping to find a new icon with a new app but all I could see was the iMessage settings.
So I configured it with my Apple ID and then noticed that when I sent a text message to some people some of the bubbles became blue. And on top of them it said iMessage.
I think it will use it if you're using a Wi-Fi network and if not, it will just use the regular text message through your carrier.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 12:41 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.