Ghandi Quotes on Christians?

Do you like Mahatma Gandhi? He was a gullible spiritual soul. However he did live to see the muslim hypocrisy. I'm not saying he was a hindu, christian, muslim or buddhist! His selfless offer to Jinnah to lead a sovereign nation of India fell on deaf ears and Pakistan was created as a muslim state and millions lost their lives and property in the process because the muslims wanted a population displacement which is unthinkable in those numbers.

Where can I find some good quotes of him on Christians?

asked by Simia in History | 6599 views | 10-02-2009 at 03:04 PM

These are some interesting Ghandi quotes on christians:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

"Yes I am, I am also a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist, and a Jew."

"I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian."

"I consider western Christianity in its practical working a negation of Christ’s Christianity."

answered by Guest | 10-02-2009 at 03:06 PM

Gullible?
I would attach that adjective to many, many, many people before I would think to attach it to Gandhi.

As for your so-called Muslim hypocrisy - the colonization of the world by western powers lead to distortion of the social order in cultures all over the world. Perhaps the people of Pakistan had just been pushed too far to accept a single state solution.

Good on Gandhi for doing the best he could, but it might have been more than anybody could have managed. Perhaps the blame should be placed on the colonizers.

answered by Guest | 01-20-2010 at 02:05 AM

comment