Signal Problem: Monitor - No signal?

I'm helping a friend fix his computer, at first I though it was a simple problem. HE told me his monitor said " no signal" at first i thought it was the video card or his monitor but it wasnt.
When you turn the monitor on you see a little square that says: no signal. Don't know what the problem is.
Can you guys let me know what I should try to fix it? I just want to solve his problem since he needs the monitor to work. How do I get pass the no signal sign and make it work again?

asked by Alfred in Hardware | 2159 views | 12-18-2009 at 01:04 AM

Maybe the problem with your monitor and the no signal sign is that you're not getting video output.
Note the "beep" pattern when the PC 1st boots. Also, does the monitor screen change (eg., bllink, lose sync, change shades of "black", any sign of signal, etc)? If the monitor, cable and video card checks out with another system, see for a possible built in video port on the MB. If there is no onboard video, did/can you try another expansion slot?

If you hold down the F2 key when powering up you should enter the BIOS setup utility. This is a small piece of software (microcode) that is not on the harddisk. Your computer should power up into this utility which is nothing to do with windows. Be careful not to change any settings unless you KNOW that the particular setting is incorrect.

Let me know if the no signal sign goes away.

answered by Leo | 12-18-2009 at 01:10 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.