One thing I am curious about. Now the FDA has come out and basically made it illegal to add caffeine to alcoholic products. So.......... Four Loko is now reformulating without the caffeine, guarana and tuarine. My state, Oklahoma, and others have already banned Four Loko. I'm curious if these state bans will stay in effect when the new reformulated Four Loko comes out in a few weeks ???? I have heard no talk about that.

answered by RPM | 11-18-2010 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I agree with what you say. All the overage people on here for sure drank when they were in their teens, and they are complaining about teenagers drinking now a days.
Actually not everyone, because some of us have some sense not to drink underage... so you might want to check what you just said.... and anyone who does allow their kids and agree that teens are able to drink at a young age is just dumb and restarted....

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 11:29 PM

My little sister would drink 3 four lokos a night if she went out... and she is still alive and well. The ban is stupid... I'm personally not a fan of them because I don't like the taste but still don't think they should be banned

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 12:21 AM

Everyone saying 4lokos are bad are idiots. I drink them ALL the time & I don't black out. Don't drink it if you can't hang! point blank period!

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 06:51 AM

Four Loko has NOT been banned. Four Loko pre-empted the FDA and announced they are removing the energy ingredients. So NO FEAR my drunken kiddies, Four Loko will still be there in all it's yummy fruit flavors in 23.5 oz cans with 12% alcohol at every street corner.

To sum up: Nanny-State Morons don't have the "win" they think they do. Four Loko will still be readily available........... although they should rename it One Loko because they got rid of 3 or the 4 things the word "Four" stood for.

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 12:08 PM

REALLY?
There's no need to write an ESSAY about how 4 loko's are bad, good, or otherwise.
It's SIMPLE.
-Like ANY OTHER ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE, consuming it too quickly can result in blacking out/memory loss.
-Caffeine opens up your blood vessels. When drinking alcohol mixed with caffeine, the alcohol rushes to your system at a faster pace, therefore making you feel more drunk than you actually are.
-If you're a lightweight, or a teenager, or a new drinker, don't be an idiot. Stick with your 2 beers a night until you work up some immunity.
Honestly, if you have a functioning brain, you should be able to decide if 4 lokos are good for you or not. If you can't make this decision on your own, you probably shouldn't be drinking anyway. (:

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 05:07 PM

I'm seventeen and have never had one before [don't plan on it either] But as far as I'm aware of I'm sad to say that most of my school raves and rants about it. They brag about how "tipsy" they get or whatever, I really don't get what's good about it honestly. People have their opinions, so why curse each other out over the net.? Obviously you're never going to see them.. Just saying, But anyways I have heard of someone passing out because they drank so much of it. Four Lokos have the potential to get you intoxicated if consumed in irresponsible amounts. So does brandy. So does whiskey. So does whine. I say let the people do as they please, and whatever happens, just happens. I'm nobody's protector or parent, therefore I won't tell anyone what to do. There are consequences and I say let it be learned naturally.

As far as the rumors of it being banned, it has been banned in Massachusetts, ALONG with other drinks. I don't know any other state but I know there are at least four others. People posting things on how it's good or bad are just defending a statement whether it be true or an opinion. But I must say I really abhor the fact that everyone finds time to call each other out on a post.

This is insane, but yeah. Just My opinion. I could really care less as to any objection. Alcohol is bad. Point blank. It never serves a good purpose. And No, entertainment is NOT a good purpose [i.e. being served at parties, casual situations, etc.] Common sense would say if there's alcohol in it, there's a possibility of you passing out.

I do stress the word POSSIBILITY. Now I don't know the percentages or ounces, but alcohol is alcohol. "Four Loko" doesn't change that. No brand name energy drink containing alcohol will ever change that. Just saying (:

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGuysAreIdiots View Post
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.
Dude, Four Loko's are f****** disgusting and taste like s***. No one thinks you're cool because you (claim to) drink double digit amounts of that rotten fruit juice in a can. Be a real man. Drink real alcohol.

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 11:36 PM

(New reformulated 4 loko) + (5 hour energy) = Original 4 Loko

answered by Guest | 11-20-2010 at 08:00 AM

Drink RESPONSIVELY!! 4loko all the way

answered by Guest | 11-20-2010 at 02:11 PM

loko
The drink is dangerous because of the way it is advertised, put it in glass or behind the counter and it would do much better in a lot of these states. Does 90 proof rum get you drunk real quick, put two or three shots of that in a choice beverage and you do not taste it really, does that mean rum and soda shouldn't be sold together. One thing me and my friends have done for a while is simply mix RedBull and Vodka together amazing, RedBull's already unique flavor masks just about anything. I'm sure it has close to the effect of Loko, never having one I can not comment. I do not see the big deal, chug almost any alcohol and any normal person will have ill effects it is a toxin for a reason.

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Most alcoholic drinks makes you black out? Vogka, Rum, Enough beer you drink, Everclear is FAR more dangerous and that's definitely still legal and sold in walmart..? Four Loko's are pretty much only sold in gas stations! So what is the big deal about four loko? Yeah the first time I drank four loko I blacked out, also the first time time I drank vodka I did too, So Four Loko had nothing to do with blacking out or getting sick. I think If this gets banned then all alcohol should that's stupid...What people drink is there business obviously they don't have enough common sense to control there drinking but I guarantee a straight up alcoholic isn't gonna rush to the store to get ...a four loko? Come on now!

Typical reaction from a selfish 4loko lover in denial. There is a difference between 4 loko and vodka or rum etc. While it's true that if you drink enough vodka you could pass out, it tastes TOTALLY different. Most people know it's VERY potent just when they get their nose close. Then if they drink fast and they are not used to it they cough and gag etc. With 4 loko it's not quite as strong as vodka, but it's still very strong. Yet at the same time feels much more like a harmless "energy" drink. Then there is the deceiving hint that it's an energy drink to begin with. Why all it that? lol. Oh, wait, that's because it also has loads of caffeine in it. And on top of this it has other things they put in energy drinks. All stuff that can make someone jittery, jumpy and give some people palpitations, along with major sweating etc.

But wait, there is more. It's a delicious fruit mix flavor etc. So it's it's sure to fool a bunch of people plus attract children more quickly to it who can obtain it illegally. Vodka you'd be choking if you tried to do it that fast (unless you are used to drinking).. And with Four loko you don't really notice much of anything. Next you get very drunk, and the caffeine tries to speed up your system at the same time. Producing, voila, a Wide-Awake-DRUNKARD. Then some unsuspecting people also try to drive since they sort of figure it was only one drink. Others ust get sick and black out and so on.

Your little "what people drink is their business" is bull droppings and major denial not to mention a typical teen age come back for a drink you want to defend. Fact is, ALL food and beverages MUST be approved. And like it or not, that approval can be withdrawn if problems stem from the food or drink. What someone drinks is their business if it is approved. Once that approval is gone and it's removed from stores, then most people won't be drinking it. And their ban wasn't to avoid alcoholics, but rather the uninitiated and unsuspecting from getting sick. But yeah, you can go and drink motor oil or gasoline too and it's no one's business either. That's just besides the point. Again, if it keeps causing trouble they will ban it. You want caffeine? Drop NoDoze in your stupid beer, and then spike your beer with vodka and fruit punch. The drink should have never been concocted to begin with. It's idiotic! What would be next? If no limits or bans were imposed, the stupid manufacturer would probably have a drink the equivalent of 20 beers plus the caffeine of 50 cups of coffee. Then they'd put out in a big orange can called "Dead Dummy". And yes, there are people who'd try it because they figure it must be fine if it's in the store. Again, the reason for regulations, so that people can be protected from greedy manufacturers trying anything to get their drink noticed.

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What would be next? If no limits or bans were imposed, the stupid manufacturer would probably have a drink the equivalent of 20 beers plus the caffeine of 50 cups of coffee. Then they'd put out in a big orange can called "Dead Dummy". And yes, there are people who'd try it because they figure it must be fine if it's in the store. Again, the reason for regulations, so that people can be protected from greedy manufacturers trying anything to get their drink noticed.
Wow, you're a genius. Four Loko is bad because It tastes good, has good marketing and it somehow makes people so stupid that they can't read the big "12% alcohol" on top of the can. Are you really serious with this insane logic?

Hey genius, Four Loko pre-emptied the FDA and removed the energy ingredients. Check Four Lokos website, done deal, the new cans are already shown. Four Loko will still be found everywhere. Do you really think for one second that removing the energy ingredients will change anything? Wake up ! The same people will still be drinking Four Loko and getting just as drunk. In fact, I'm already reading all over the internet that people are now thinking they can drink MORE Four Loko than before since the energy ingredients have been removed. People are going to get even MORE drunk. Congrats nanny-state morons. You accomplished pretty much NOTHING by whining about energy ingredients in Four Loko. Four Loko will still be available everywhere, still with 12% alcohol. I'm sure everyone will realize they can throw a Red Bull or Monster or 2 into the mix if they want.

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You drink them into the double digits and your still here to talk about it. That's like the time i drank two fifths and a case.
I drank two four lokos last night within 2hrs and I'm here at work at 5 am. People just have to be smart about there s***

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 01:08 PM

well......
My friend, Dave, used to drink three or four of these a day......then he dropped dead of a heart attack. So I dont know.

answered by RIPDave | 11-21-2010 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPDave View Post
My friend, Dave, used to drink three or four of these a day......then he dropped dead of a heart attack. So I dont know.
My friend RIPDave used to go out to internet sites and post blatant BS about Four Loko. I hope some day he grows up.

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 06:07 PM

Just like any other alcoholic beverage you have a risk for blacking out , outlawing it would be comparable to banning mixing vodka and red bull, everyone's math is way off. it depends on how fast you drink it and if you can't handle/dont know your limits then you should not be drinking in the first place. secondly what happened to our rights. we should have the right to drink what we want. lastly i would love to sit here and type out my whole view on why lokos should not be banned but since it looks like the u.s.a is pretty close to deciding it should be I'm gonna go stock up

answered by Guest | 11-21-2010 at 09:05 PM

How many times do I need to post this ???

One again people, FOUR LOKO HAS NOT BEEN BANNED IN THE USA!

A few states have come out and banned Four Loko but those bans will be lifted BECAUSE:

Four Loko, one day before the FDA announcement that caffeine should NOT be added to alcoholic drinks, came out and said that they, FOUR LOKO/PHUSION PRODUCTS, is reformulating Four Loko by taking out the energy additives, ie caffeine, guarana and taurine. That means there is NO BAN !!!! Those states that banned Four Loko should now be lifting their ban as the new Four Loko does not have caffeine or any energy ingredients.

Four Loko will STILL BE SOLD EVERYWHERE ! Four Loko will still have 12% alcohol and get people just as drunk before. In the end, all these nanny-state whiny crybabies accomplished almost nothing. Every bad drunken think people have done while drinking Four Loko will STILL BE DONE ! Stupid kids will still be beer-bonging 12% alcohol Four Loko on YouTube. College kids will still be getting drunk off their a** on Four Loko and causing all kinds of nanny-state mommies to whine to the news.

FOUR LOKO LIVES !

answered by RPM | 11-21-2010 at 10:44 PM

wow
OK for real it's not even all that serious. The only reason the four loko is so "bad" is because so many young ass little kids think it's cool to drink them. And when they do there definitely not being responsible. I mean look at the can it's catchy not to mention it tastes great. Not only that it comes with a f*** ton of alcohol. what ignorant little kid wouldn't try it? It's not the four Lokos fault that parents can't control there kids enough to keep them from drinking. duhhh. in my opinion go ahead an ban the s***. the only thing that's gonna do is raise the sales in red bull an other energy drinks because guess what VODKA ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE & thats the s*** that will really f*** you up when combined with an energy drink. NO matter what you ban if a kid wants to drink he or she will do it. It doesn't matter if it's called "deadly venom" or four loko! Point is people cause there own deaths when it comes to drinking! be responsible an don't use the freaking four loko as your excuse!

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 02:19 AM

wtf
4loko is a bombass drink. don't take it off. F*** the haters. Its just a damn drink calm yo a**es down.

answered by 4lokoooooo | 11-23-2010 at 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 4 loko View Post
2 4 lokos = pregame
I like your thinking (: all these other people that are hating on them can kiss my a** because fourlokos are the greatest things to drink in the world!

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 05:59 AM

My first four loko didn't make me black out or anything and i had like 2 shots of schnapps and like a couple beers on top of it. I don't think its any worse than drinking red bull and vodka.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 06:13 AM

OK so i started drinking four loko recently (within the past couple months). Also had tilt, because there was no four loko left at that time. Tilt has the same amount of alcohol (12%) and everything in it so why only ban loko ? I drink either loko or a tilt every weekend with a few friends. none of us has ever blacked out, threw up, stopped breathing, started shaking or anything. it has the same affects as any other alcohol.

Its just the fact you have to know your limits how how fast and how many drinks you can have. yes i will admit these alcohol energy drinks hits you faster then beer, and its because it taste like fruit punch so therefore you drink it faster. When they ban four loko why don't they just go ahead and ban all the other alcohols made, because of ignorant people that doesn't know how to control how much they drink and at the rate they drink it. 99% of people knows what they are doing and the possible side affects when they drink too much.

Yeah there's 12% alcohol in it, but you can always mix your own drinks and there is no telling how much alcohol you are putting into a mixed drink at home or a party. I think its ridiculous to ban a drink because 13-17 year olds are drinking it thinking that they are grown and trying to be cool.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 06:56 AM

Four loko has been my drink since this summer. i am a 300 lb man and no more that 3 should be drunk at a given time. after i drink one i feel kind of tipsy and the second one I'm feeling even better. The only reason people black out is because how how stupid they are. A standard male around 160 170 lbs can not consume that much loko to fast. it takes me around a good 20 minutes to finish one. so people don't be stupid and try to chug a loko especially id me a 300 lbs man needs 20 minutes for one loko.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2010 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you'll never forget? and yet you blacked out,
you dont ******* make sense

and your also a little ***** bc i am a 17 year old girl and weigh 110 pounds and i drink 2 and feel completely fine
I think you need to grow up some more and then drink. Thank you! i wouldn't be proud to say I'm 17 weighing only 110 lbs (gross) and drinking like a fish.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2010 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you'll never forget? and yet you blacked out,
you dont ******* make sense

and your also a little ***** bc i am a 17 year old girl and weigh 110 pounds and i drink 2 and feel completely fine
You're one hell of a dumb skinny broad.. And you're bragging about what? A lie? Probably 2 drinks not a once.. Do us a favor, shut that sh*t and grow up.. Calling people a b*tch because they can't tolerate it.. And one last thing, SKINNY BULIMICS AREN'T IN STYLE!! Have a nice day =)

answered by Guest | 11-25-2010 at 05:43 PM

Sounds like some jealous fat b*tches out there. A 17 year old girl, who is probably 5'2" to 5'4" and as thin as MOST 17 year old girls are SHOULD weigh 110 lbs. My 40 year old wife is 5'4" and 120 lbs and looks GREAT !

Fat b*tches, quit stuffing your face and lose weight.

answered by Guest | 11-26-2010 at 04:14 AM

To clear up what idiot above said about caffeine being a blood vessel opener...

Caffeine does not open up your blood vessels, it is a vasoconstrictor which tightens blood vessels causing the heart to work harder to get blood throughout your body.

answered by Boris | 11-26-2010 at 06:44 PM

four loko
I'm drinking one right now..... S*** doesn't even taste that good, but I'm going to finish it because now in Kansas its illegal, and more then anything this whole thing is I'm sure making it sell 100 times more then it was...

answered by Guest | 11-27-2010 at 01:28 AM

idiots haah
I think this is stupid they are banning it because idiots drive wile intoxicated, or cause they black out, in that case they should just banned all alcohol. I personally am a 4loko, joose, tilts kinda girl! and know better to say "stop" i had enough so that i don't black out, its people that keep drinking till they are f**ked up. And you can black out with any sort of alcohol drink so whats the difference... People really need to get a life lmao.. as for me, I'm going to crack open this can and enjoy myself, just like any other person would with budlight, coors or any of that substance.

answered by Guest | 11-27-2010 at 02:58 AM

BANNED
According to my local beer store. The distributors are no longer allowed to sell Four Loko after Dec. 10th. So whatever the stores have after that they can sell. Dec. 10th in New York State is the last day that Four Loko can legally be distributed to stores!!! I bought a case of that horrible stuff last week!! Woot for me!

answered by Guest | 11-27-2010 at 07:08 AM

Four Loko CURRENT FORMULA is Banned NOWHERE
How many times do I need to post this ???

One again people, FOUR LOKO HAS NOT BEEN BANNED IN THE USA!

A few states have come out and banned Four Loko but those bans will be lifted BECAUSE:

Four Loko, one day before the FDA announcement that caffeine should NOT be added to alcoholic drinks, came out and said that they, FOUR LOKO/PHUSION PRODUCTS, is reformulating Four Loko by taking out the energy additives, ie caffeine, guarana and taurine. That means there is NO BAN !! Those states that banned Four Loko should now be lifting their ban as the new Four Loko does not have caffeine or any energy ingredients.

Four Loko will STILL BE SOLD EVERYWHERE ! Four Loko will still have 12% alcohol and get people just as drunk before. In the end, all these nanny-state whiny crybabies accomplished almost nothing. Every bad drunken think people have done while drinking Four Loko will STILL BE DONE ! Stupid kids will still be beer-bonging 12% alcohol Four Loko on YouTube. College kids will still be getting drunk off their a** on Four Loko and causing all kinds of nanny-state mommies to whine to the news.

FOUR LOKO LIVES !

answered by RPM | 11-27-2010 at 06:38 PM

WOW ur such a liar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGuysAreIdiots View Post
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.
That's such a joke, drink these into double digits and your heart would probably explode, just like and energy drink your body couldn't handle that correctly.

answered by Guest | 11-28-2010 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm 5'6"d and weighed in at 112 lbs I drank multiple 4lokos and still felt fine I was drunk but fully conscious of what I was doing. 4lokos are pretty strong but. If a 112lb moderate drinker can handle a multitude of them than I don't think they're all that bad.
Wow you must be where they only have like 6% alcohol, because the 12% rocks your world PA ALL THE WAY!!!

answered by Guest | 11-28-2010 at 06:01 AM

cry me a river
Had my first four loko a year ago in Virginia with my buddies, I didn't black out or get sick from it, I drank a bottle of wine and the loko and still was at a good drunk. I believe that if they want to "ban" four loko they should ban red bulls and vodka, you get the same reaction. Or maybe they should just ban any caffeinated and alcoholic drink for that matter. I imagine that joose, tilt, max, and sparks should all be banned...right?

answered by Guest | 11-28-2010 at 06:50 AM

great
I agree with you g about some things but some of the stuff you are talking about are contradicting yourself. no offense i agree with you more than i disagree, so you and me are on the same page on a lot of stuff. people need to slow down when drinking 4 Loko, it has the same alcohol content as wine, taste like md 20/20 and has as much caff. as red bull. i agree if we ban a "energy drink" then let's ban red bull from the bars, so no more red bull and vodka or jager, tabc or whatever alcohol beverage commission doesn't make money off "energy drinks" so it's banned if you're reading this than it's probably banned or illegal. so let's say good bye to 4 Loko and just remember that the government can take away anything that you love if it isn't made by Budweiser or any major alcohol or tobacco company that contributes money to political figures. so let's take our hats off and bow down to congress and political contributors. this is not America anymore or maybe it is since 1931 or 1970. this is a people's republic but not ran by the people.

answered by damn str8 | 11-29-2010 at 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you'll never forget? and yet you blacked out,
you dont ******* make sense

and your also a little ***** bc i am a 17 year old girl and weigh 110 pounds and i drink 2 and feel completely fine
If you drink two of these things (which is the same as about 9-10 shots, total) and you don't feel it, you're a) full of crap and/or b) a raging alcoholic.

answered by Guest | 11-29-2010 at 07:18 PM

All of you suck at life. Surely one gets you feeling right. The fact that alcohol was used irresponsibly and may have been linked to whatever the f*** doesn't mean s***. You can't handle it - give it up. Just continue sucking at life without disrupting others around you. By the way this is the only alcohol drink with uppers that really ever appealed to me. And that's rare. Alcohol kills everyday because of idiots like 'you'.

answered by Guest | 11-30-2010 at 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=Guest;31543]On my 21st, i had a four loko before i went out to the bars. it was great for pre drinking and giving you some energy to stay up for a while. that night i had countless drinks after the four loko and i did not black out or experience any negative side effects from the four loko. just don't drink them if you weigh 110 pounds and cant handle any alcohol. those are the people that are probably "blacking out" from them....ridiculous[/QUOTE

What you did is called "binge drinking". Way to go, you engage in dangerous and unhealthy behavior. Do you want a trophy for acting like a 12 year old?

answered by Guest | 11-30-2010 at 09:07 PM

Propaganda to make four loko look bad! Under age drinkers will black out if they drink to much period! Propaganda by bitchy moms and rival alcoholic companies. These are the same people that would rather see us disarmed and helpless! If I get in a wreck tomorrow I'm just gonna blame the car because no way it could be my fault! People kill people guns don't, and cars don't. Maybe we should just take cars away and walk everywhere because driving is dangerous! While your at it take away our guns our freedoms and our god given rights you f******! People that will give up they're freedom for a little security deserve neither! Wake the f*** up America! This God Damn country that both my Grandparents fought in WW2 for is supposed to be a free place. We are constantly being raped of our freedom and these f****** won't be happy till it's lock down for all of us!

answered by Guest | 12-01-2010 at 05:43 PM

four loko
I don't think four lokos should be banned. It is just a drink!

answered by Guest | 12-01-2010 at 07:53 PM

Four lokos do not make you black out if they do then you shouldn't be drinking at all just because how much alcohol doesn't mean crap i can drink 4 of them in an hour and not black out learn how to handle your liquor and stop complaining there is plenty of other alcohols that make you black out i have experience, so why aren't they getting banned ?? there is no reason for four lokos to be banned whatsoever.

answered by Guest | 12-02-2010 at 04:35 PM

my four loko
Four Loko is not dangerous its only for people who know how to drink and that know how to handle it I'm 16 and i only drink 2 wen i do drink it sometimes 3 but not more than that like everybody is saying y ban four lokos wen there's alcoholic drinks that have more alcohol than four loko like "prime time" that has 17% alcohol and its only a 18 oz.

answered by loko 4 lokos | 12-02-2010 at 09:38 PM

Four Loko
Okay you guys are f****** stupid. Honestly if you cant handle it, don't drink it. Simple. I have drank several and been fine. I think this whole banning it is retarded. It says it makes you black out, so does vodka and whiskey.

answered by Guest | 12-03-2010 at 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!!! wtf! you are a ******* *****. you shouldn't even be drinking if you drink that slow. i down 2 lokos in 30 and i'm usually feeling pretty good
Please don't post anything on the internet again. People like you are causing the ban.

answered by Guest | 12-03-2010 at 12:42 AM

Four Loko of this week is illegal to sell and produce.
Four Loko as of this last week has been banned nationwide, if you see it in a store buy it up fast because it's illegal to sell now. the companies are being given the right to sell product of equal alcoholic value but can not sell four loko or other mixed energy and alcoholic drinks.... and that's only the stores that sold it, the companies who produced combined drinks, will have to be either choosing to put out alcohol or energy drinks, and won't even be allowed to produce both even in separate drinks put out by the company. Though I hear Four loko is facing a class action lawsuit by those college kids who nearly killed themselves so Four Loko's parent company Phusion Projects may be facing bankruptcy (unable to produce product and being sued by a bunk of people, pretty safe bet it'll end in bankruptcy)

So there is the facts up to now on the subject. So you see anybody selling them get them before they have to pull them from the shelf (oh and don't sell it on Ebay, unless going to a prison sounds like a good'ol time, or like making friends with men called bubba)

answered by Guest | 12-04-2010 at 08:36 PM

thats dumb
Yeah its usually little dumb girls that have the problems, how are they gonna band a 4loko or drinkns of that kind... if that's the care just band alcohol period!! Because anybody can get tequila and take 10 shots and black out!

answered by jive | 12-05-2010 at 04:09 AM

4lokos
So there's all these people talking about little kids buying this drink yet none is thinking or arguing about who the f*** is buying this drink for all them little kids. The government should be trying to figure out whose buying it. And if your tons banned four lokos then ban all alcoholic drinks. You're so concerned about four lokos what about all that weed that 12, 13, 14 year olds are consuming and why haven't they banned that yet.

I like four lokos and if you are a light weight stick to water lol

answered by Guest | 12-06-2010 at 04:53 AM

The ignorance of 99% of the posters on this topic disgusts me.

answered by Guest | 12-08-2010 at 06:26 PM

I'm an alcoholic. I drink four lokos all the time! I had one the other night and it was amazing! May i add lemonade and lemon lime is the best! and the next little girl that comes on here and says oh I'm 15 and can drink 3 needs to get a life and find something else to do! I am far from a lightweight and weigh exactly 103 pounds! And for all the people reading this saying UNDERAGE kids are the reason, should really grow up because if it was for us then every bit of alcohol would be banned in my state! I totally support 4 lokos!

FOUR LOKO FOR LIFE!
and when they get banned its JOOSE GOT ME LOOSE!

answered by Guest | 12-09-2010 at 03:46 PM

Oh yeah bro four loko for life or until stupid *****es take them off the shelves for being dumb... I love four loko its the best drank in this world... I drank three lemon lime lokos just to start buzzing it ain't nothing because I know how to handle my alcohol deuces.

answered by guest | 12-09-2010 at 03:49 PM

SCREW FOUR LOKOS!!!!!

They're bad for your health.

answered by Guest | 12-10-2010 at 04:01 PM

so bad that its good
Four loko is good but i personally have blacked out by drinking them. But i did drink 5 within an hour. But anyways, Why is caffeine and alcohol such a deadly combination? Alcohol affects your body the same way whether you drink caffeine or not; the problem is, if you consume caffeine, you'll be less aware of how alcohol is affecting you. A 2006 study from the journal Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research found that people who consumed energy drinks with alcohol had significantly less dry mouth and headache than those who drank only alcohol. They also thought their motor coordination was better than it actually was. Another chilling statistic: according to NPR, when people combine alcohol with energy drinks, they are four times more likely to want to drive home. but people know the risk when they are drinking it so if anything does happen its their fault not ours why punish everyone for a few dumbasses.

answered by Kirk_957 | 12-10-2010 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM69 View Post
That's ********! four loko is not at all like 8 shots of whiskey! One can might have you leaning over relaxed but I highly doubt you will black out! Whoever is saying this non-sense needs to go on and keep moving because that is not true!
It may not be like 8 shots of whiskey, but I just drank one can last night and I blacked out. So this non- sense you speak of, is not non-sense, it just doesn't apply to you and your experience with it.

answered by Amanda | 12-12-2010 at 03:09 AM

HAHAH
I did black out one time when i drank 2 four lokos, a bluebull 40, and 5 shots of captain in one night.. that was a good night lol.. if you can't handle lokos don't talk bad about them, they aren't for you.. me on the other hand i can handle them.. i drank 2 lokos, a 40, and 5 shots and drove home.. what is good!

answered by Guest | 12-13-2010 at 09:45 PM

Caffeine and alcohol together are the stupidest thing you can drink, the caffeine is an stimulant and the alcohol is a depressant, mixing the two together, even in small quantities can have a negative effect. If anybody actually paid attention in health class, or has ever searched it on the Internet, taking the two together can actually put your body and mainly your heart into cardiac arrest and possibly a heart attack, which in turn can kill you. So those people drinking red bull and vodka, bull blasters, or whatever, it's just a matter of time. So continue drinking but leave the caffeine out of it or we'll see ya in the obituary. Have fun

answered by Guest | 12-15-2010 at 06:14 PM

Its Just a Fad
Four Loko was like any other fad. It wasn't well known to begin with, underaged drinkers started to consume it and publicize it by facebook pictures, youtube, myspace, etc. and it became a problem through popularity.
Just like Salvia, which used to be legal until parents started watching Youtube videos of their kids on it.
It will probably get banned and another post next month will be debating some other popular mind altering substance which was banned.
When you start making public things like drinking, and smoking non tobbacco products, like many underaged kids do, you present an image of immaturity and inability to handle what your getting into. That's why it is banned.
16 year olds normally dont have enough money to purchase a bottle of good quality liquor. And if they do, they dont value it like someone with knowledge of finances. The consume bottles in hours which most RESPONSIBLE adults could hold onto for weeks.
This is from an addict and alcoholic in recovery. Just be responsible and modest and it wont be an issue

answered by Guest | 12-16-2010 at 08:27 AM

Ignore him
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
How many times do I need to post this ???

One again people, FOUR LOKO HAS NOT BEEN BANNED IN THE USA
This whole thing.... never happened, please stop posting inaccurate information just because you disagree with the FDA's pulling and making the sale now illegal in all 50 states, if the hard facts are this upsetting to you, I'm sorry but currently all energy drink with alcohol has been banned nationwide. If you have real proof then go buy a four loko and post a picture on photobucket included as a link that you made the purchase after 12/16/2010.

If you can not then, please stop trolling this board with BS.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The ignorance of 99% of the posters on this topic disgusts me.
I know, please don't post again that way we can knock it down to 98%

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 06:21 AM

Ok listen I never ever had a problem with four loko. I have gone to many parties where four loko was the only alcohol served. I have seen many many people drink them and I donít know one person who has ever had a problem with it. It is mostly kids who are underage or just turned 21 and canít handle the high alcohol content or they drink it too fast because it tastes good and this particular drink doesnít let you realized how drunk you are so you drink more to feel the effect then drink too much. It effects people who are not used to the amount of caffeine also. Like with any alcoholic drink you should be careful how much you dink so itís not just four loko this can happen to. There is no difference between four loko and Jšgerbombs and they are legal. It all comes down to you just need to be careful how much you drink.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 02:53 PM

Wake up Pencil Necks!!
Who ever drinks that s*** called "FOUR LOKO" is a p******! Plus it taste like s***!!!
Just like the MORONS WHO DRINK IT.
That's all i have to say about that.

answered by Guest | 12-21-2010 at 12:22 AM

where can i get a four loko
I will be honest I live in PA and there is currently a ban on four loko. I am a 22 yr old college student and i do enjoy four loko very much, and have never blacked out from it. This is a tasty beverage, and since it is banned in my state, i was wondering where near by i could get one?

answered by Guest | 12-21-2010 at 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I will be honest I live in PA and there is currently a ban on four loko. I am a 22 yr old college student and i do enjoy four loko very much, and have never blacked out from it. This is a tasty beverage, and since it is banned in my state, i was wondering where near by i could get one?
If you find out please POST! I'm out of luck and debating a bootleg trip.

answered by Guest | 12-21-2010 at 05:58 PM

Four Loko banned? Cigarettes can stay?
Cigarettes kill someone in the USA every 8 seconds. Smoking kills more people than everything else combined. Yet these death sticks are still everywhere. Four Loko killed a handful of people and it is yanked. Smoking attributes to 500,000 plus deaths a year, high health care costs, the list goes on.

answered by bigTAF | 12-21-2010 at 07:05 PM

Shouldn't Be Banned
I'm 18 and started drinking Four Lokos and they should not be banned.

Funny story, I did black out, but that was after losing a game of King's Cup (mixing multiple alcohols, hard liquor, 4's, and beer :/) and another 4 Loko before that. Not a fun night, but I learned my lesson, and take 4 Loko's easy from now on.

I was stupid but have learned from my mistakes, and it's no one's--NO ONE'S--fault but my own. And you're a damn fool if you believe anything else.

It doesn't matter what the amount of alcohol in the beverage is, what matters is the tolerance level and responsibility of the drinker. Damn.

answered by Guest | 12-25-2010 at 03:13 AM

Drink any booze fast enough and you will black out!

answered by Guest | 12-30-2010 at 07:02 AM

Its not the alcholol
Its not the alcohol that's the problem. Its the amount of caffeine that is put in the drink. Read the FDA warning issued to the company.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm234109.htm

So yeah...

answered by Guest | 12-30-2010 at 08:36 AM

Chill out dudes and live a little, peace and love!

answered by Guest | 01-06-2011 at 12:05 PM

Wake Up!
I am a probation officer and manager of a court alternative sentencing program. As such, I deal with the results of substance abuse on a daily basis. Most of these unfortunate souls were once "experts" much like those whose wise observations have appeared here. Most have ruined their own lives as well as those of their families, and have ended up in the same place: in front of the judge pleading for mercy. They are completely non-productive and likely will remain a burden on the court system and on society in general. Some of them finally end up having very short lives which, in the end, were totally wasted. Perhaps the eulogy for each of them should include praise for how many "Four Lokos" the deceased could drink before passing out. Or, better yet, how many people they killed in the car crash. It could even be engraved on the headstone so that future generations would know how "cool" the person was. What a legacy!

These people have deluded themselves into thinking that their "coolness" is measured by how much alcohol or drugs they can do, and how fast they can become disgusting, vulgar, and vomiting wretches. I have seen the "before" and "after" and, sadly, many who have entered comments here represent the "before." Too bad they can't envision the "after."

A great person once said, "you can't fix stupidity." But some of us still try.

answered by Guest | 01-07-2011 at 04:45 PM

Mr. 816
4 loko's are still sold here in Missouri outlawed in Kansas though, I drink these things on a regular I'm up to a six pack before I even go out with the guy's now even though I can drink that much does not mean I don't black out cause after those and 4-6 more beers I'm done for the night but when I drink that many I tend to pace my beers at the bar or club throughout the night till closing time at 3:15 BAR time.

answered by Guest | 01-08-2011 at 06:11 PM

Alright, I'm a 130pnd guy. I drink four lokos and joose religiously I've only ever blacked out from these drinks once, and thats because i had 3 and followed it up with 6 bud lights. Four lokos aren't a drain on society, stupid underage lightweight drinkers are. i understand I'm in the wrong here as well, but i don't ruin it for others. All you light weights need to just stick to beer and stop draining society of the pleasures that some of us can actually indulge in in a mature manner.

answered by Guest | 01-13-2011 at 05:34 PM

To the PO, isn't it our rights to do what we want with our lives RESPONSIBLY? This country is not FREE at all.

answered by Guest | 01-18-2011 at 05:24 PM

Something shouldn't be banned just because it's "bad" for the human body. If that's the case, then ban Monsters. Ban cigarettes. Ban alcohol altogether why don't you? As adults, we have the right to choose what we want to consume. Parents should spend less time trying to get **** banned, and more time parenting their god damn kids. 4 Loko isn't the problem. The problem is irresponsible and/or underage drinking.

answered by Guest | 01-20-2011 at 09:21 PM

i love this drink
For some reason every day that i don't have a 4 loko in my life I feell like shooting myself in the head.
If you black out off of a 4 loko you might as go join the jehova witness because this drink is my side kick, I love it energy and a good buzz felling for your day and night. You can't beat that this drink should be called 'DEVIL JUICE.'

answered by young gurp | 01-25-2011 at 10:17 AM

Ebay no longer allows full cans of fours to be sold on their site. Found out today, because they took my auction down. E-mail me at *****@aol.com if you would like to buy my four & joose collection.

answered by Guest | 01-25-2011 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This whole thing.... never happened, please stop posting inaccurate information just because you disagree with the FDA's pulling and making the sale now illegal in all 50 states, if the hard facts are this upsetting to you, I'm sorry but currently all energy drink with alcohol has been banned nationwide. If you have real proof then go buy a four loko and post a picture on photobucket included as a link that you made the purchase after 12/16/2010.

If you can not then, please stop trolling this board with BS.
You could not be more WRONG idiot ! If you could actually read what I wrote and use those 2 brains cells in your tiny head you might figure it out. ONCE AGAIN ! Four Loko/Phusion Products reformulate Four Loko ONE DAY BEFORE THE BAN to remove the energy ingredients. Therefore, Four Loko was NOT BANNED. Only the ORIGINAL formula with the energy ingredients was banned but that was a NON EVENT since Phusion Products had already changed the formula as of the ban.

My state Oklahoma, that had already banned Four Loko, NOW HAS FOUR LOKO ON THE SHELVES AGAIN !

answered by Guest | 01-26-2011 at 01:50 PM

I would like to extend a very large middle finger to the nanny-state mommies who threw a fit about Four Loko. Today, we have won ! Yes folks, Four Loko is alive and well. Four Loko is still available in every state. My state that had previously banned Four Loko before the FDA ruling now has Four Loko on every shelf. In fact, to celebrate it coming back to my state, it's only $2.19 a can via the distributor "sale" to welcome it back here.

FOUR LOKO LIVESE ! WE WIN !

answered by Guest | 01-26-2011 at 01:55 PM

you all are a bunch of p******. Been drinkin loko for years and so has everyone i know. Not one single person has ever blacked out not once. and as far as getting drunk or anything you all must just be a bunch of *****.

answered by Guest | 02-02-2011 at 01:31 AM

I had to take a course with the police of my city for underage drinking and in one of the classes it taught us about for lokos and it is true that you black out, it also makes you nauseous and some have en died from drinking one can! They're dangerous and all but people still drink them because i guess they get you drunk faster. Personally i have blacked out after drinking a little bit more than half a can. It was a bad feeling and I'm never drinking one again!

answered by Jess | 02-06-2011 at 06:47 AM

I'm retarded and attempted to drink my first 4 loko ever as fast as I could. After I finished, I vomited a bunch of times, had no idea what was going on, and then I blacked out. I was told that I vomited in my sleep, but luckily there was a trash can next to the bed I was dragged to. I barely remember anything after finishing that 4 loko. It was fun as f*** and if I had to do it all over again, I would have drank that second 4 loko.

answered by Guest | 02-07-2011 at 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I had to take a course with the police of my city for underage drinking and in one of the classes it taught us about for lokos and it is true that you black out, it also makes you nauseous and some have en died from drinking one can! They're dangerous and all but people still drink them because i guess they get you drunk faster. Personally i have blacked out after drinking a little bit more than half a can. It was a bad feeling and I'm never drinking one again!
You are so full of cah cah, we can all smell you from here. Go post your lies and BS somewhere else. Absolutely NOBODY believes this kind of BS.

answered by Guest | 02-10-2011 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM69 View Post
That's ********! four loko is not at all like 8 shots of whiskey! One can might have you leaning over relaxed but I highly doubt you will black out! Whoever is saying this non-sense needs to go on and keep moving because that is not true!
Sounds like someone really wants to drink some 4 loko... 1 can = 4 beers and 2 cups of coffee, keep walking because that's still very dangerous. If you don't see that then you're crazy.

answered by Guest | 02-23-2011 at 04:03 PM

OK, i got tired of reading halfway though. saying that this drink is bad because it'll cause alcohol poisoning or your body can't recognize whether it's taking a depressant or stimulant is utter b*******. Vodka and redbull, better yet ANY energy drink mixed with ANY hard liquor will have the same exact effects.

The only reason these people are "blacked out to the point of death" is because they have the responsibility of a two year old and can't control themselves. Downing anything with alcohol will hit you faster than you think. However, you sip the damn thing and you'll be perfectly fine.
honestly it's sad that they've tried to ban this.... why don't they worry about other things than if a drink is "too dangerous".

answered by Guest | 03-20-2011 at 05:34 AM

There have been so much controversy and debate about the Four Loko ban. It was at first but then the ban was lifted because the makers of 4 Loko agreed to change some of the ingredients.

answered by A-ROD | 08-05-2011 at 12:42 AM

Voice of Reason
Nobody needs to know how hard core you teenagers are and how much alcohol you can handle. We get it. You drink and that's fine. Mixing alcohol with stimulants is dangerous though.. period. It is simple Chemistry. Just please for the love of life be safe in your choices.

Life is not yours to live.. it just "is" and you are lucky to take part in it.

answered by Chan | 08-13-2011 at 11:08 PM

The problem with four loko and other similar drinks is that people are drinking the equivalent of 6 beers in the time it would normally take to drink 2 beers. Probably even faster because the four loko tastes better and goes down easier. These teenagers are basically pounding down a 6 pack in 15 minutes or less.

By the time the alcohol actually starts to hit you, you have already downed the equivalent of a 6 pack of beer. There isn't a gradual buzz coming on, it hits you all at once. My 16 year old, 115 pound daughter lied about going to the movies last night and ended up drinking for the first time (yes, I know it was her first time drinking, I'm not a stupid parent). She drank four loko and was completely hammered.

It was the scariest thing I have been through as a parent. I knew what she drank but I wasn't sure how long it had been since she finished drinking or even how much she drank so we went to the hospital and sat in the parking lot until we were sure that she was not getting worse. We were trying to avoid her having a record and screwing up her future over her first dumb decision but wanted to be close to the hospital if need be. We took her home and stayed up all night watching her sleep after she threw up and cried because she couldn't stand feeling like she did and not being able to see straight. She held onto her dad for dear life begging him to make what she was feeling stop. I found out today, from her and the person she was with that she drank ONE can of four loko.

I know she is little and it was her first time drinking, but had she been drinking beer, I guarantee she wouldn't have gotten so drunk. She would have had more control over how she was feeling and would have stopped well before 6 beers. So I agree, four loko and similar drinks should be banned or at the very least, sold in liquor stores in smaller servings. Why do they feel the necessity to pack a six pack into one can? Sell them in 6 ounce servings instead with better warnings about drinking only one over an hour period.

It is ridiculous the added risks they are putting on the kids today when everyone knows that most teenagers don't always make the right decisions, they think they are immortal and will almost definitely try alcohol during their teen years. I do not, in any way shape or form, condone teen drinking and trust me, it will be a long time before my daughter see's her driver's license (no she wasn't driving) or friends again, but it is a shame that the liquor industry has made teenage drinking even more dangerous than it was for us when we were their age.

answered by Guest | 08-16-2011 at 04:27 AM

I'm 130 pounds. I drank three mixed daiquiris, and did 5 shots of Bacardi, I still remember everything from that night. But completely wasted as it was my first time, yesterday i did another 6 shots at 2:30 in the afternoon and remember some things. (high alcohol percentage) but I went to my buddy's and his brother came home from work and said he had a four loko like 2 hours ago and still had a buzz. Not at all drunk but a nice little buzz, for me i have not had a four loko but would like to have one! It just all depends on your tolerance and if your a light weight.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM69 View Post
That's ********! four loko is not at all like 8 shots of whiskey! One can might have you leaning over relaxed but I highly doubt you will black out! Whoever is saying this non-sense needs to go on and keep moving because that is not true!
I agree! this is so dumb. People shouldn't let authorities ban such a harmless drink like four loko, they are just mad.

answered by Guest | 09-04-2011 at 05:41 PM

This is now banned in several U.S. states
*UPDATE*

This has indeed been banned within some states (within the U.S.). And I'm now wondering if California has now become one of those states.

I live in Midtown Sacramento, California's state capitol (you know, letter and number streets). I just now returned from three stores that formerly sold Four Loko, and none of the clerks working have any idea about why it is no longer sold.

Then I learned that many U.S. states have banned it due to the high caffeine alongside the high alcohol content. The first state I found out that have banned this drink is Michigan (November 2010), just like Michigan was the first state to ban the death penalty; I found that humorous. Regardless, Vermont, Massachusetts immediately joined that regime.

While this ban is starting to spread like an STD, no government official, Christian group, or social activist takes the time to realize that every and that there is no definitive proof that mixing alcohol with caffeine poses any form of health risk -- that is, any other form of health risk than when used independently fro one another.

These "studies" are based around teenagers and young adults who have reported more blackouts and digestive flaws (surely diarrhea and the like) after drinking too much of it. Now adults within this country are penalized due to reports of teenagers (who should no be legally purchasing these drinks in the first place) and young adults, who evidently shouldn't either.

There is NO research-based, scientific, or empirical evidence that this drink is harmful. So what gives here?

answered by Guest | 10-02-2011 at 08:13 PM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.