Sal Alosi Trips Dolphins Player Nolan Carroll?

The New York Jets had a tough time with the Miami Dolphins, so much so that a Jets coach Sal Alosi had to get in on the action and trip Dolphins player Nolan Carroll.

If you watch the video, you'll notice Sal Alosi pretty obviously extends his leg in an effort to trip up Nolan Carroll as he was racing down the field to cover a punt.

Nolan Carroll, who had an interception in the first quarter to set up a field goal, layed on the field for several minutes before walking off. He got back into the game in the fourth period.

Is the league going to take any actions about this? So far I heard Sal Alosi admitted he did trip Nolan Carroll but I heard nothing about him being fired.

asked by Dennis in Football | 1704 views | 12-13-2010 at 08:24 PM

This play happened with 2:58 left in the third quarter. Nolan Carroll was hurt on the right sideline as he rushed down to cover a play. The replay showed Jets coach Sal Alosi extending his knee just enough to trip Nolan Carroll up on the play. Carroll was down for a minute, but returned to play later in the game.

Ridiculous incident and Sal Alosi should be fired, but I never understood why gunners were allowed to run downfield out of bounds in the first place.

Already, sports radio in both cities NYC and Boston are going nuts over this. I guess the Jets are never going to have the moral high ground again.

Sal Alosi's complete lack of judgment and disregard for fair play is reprehensible. The Jets need to make a clear statement that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated.

answered by Donald | 12-13-2010 at 08:24 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.