Wear Purple Day: October 20?

Are you going to wear purple on October 20th?
Wear purple day is a special day in remembrance of all the boys and all the others who have felt like death was the only way out after being bullied for being gay.
I believe Wear Purple Day started on Facebook, at least that's where I found out about it.

Will you wear purple on October 20 to support this people?

asked by Francis in Holidays | 2501 views | 10-20-2010 at 04:53 AM

I'll wear purple on October 20th. It's an easy way to make a statement in support of people's freedom to discover their own form of consensual sexuality.
Wear Purple Day or Spirit Day was created by teenager Brittany McMillan earlier this month, in response to the recent spate of LGBT youth suicides, due to bullying. Wear Purple Day now counts millions of Americans committed on Facebook to wearing the color purple on Wednesday, October 20, 2010.

The initiative is a follow-up to last week’s partnership between Facebook and GLADD, but goes several steps farther by providing LGBT teens and their parents with information, resources and support to combat cyberbullying.

Wear Purple Day is not an event or a rally. It’s merely a way for all of us who want to show our support and love for these young people and their families to do so. You can show support by just wearing a purple hat.

A Facebook page in honor of the victims shows 1.4 million people say they will take part.

answered by Bradley | 10-20-2010 at 04:54 AM

It's very important to bring attention to the several teenagers who lost their lives for being bullied or harassed because they were gay or were thought to be gay.
I found out about "wear purple day" 2 days ago on Facebook, I didn't know there were so many cases in the US this year, it's something that we should take very seriously.

The day is also being called "spirit day."

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 07:34 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.