Lost Series Finale Explained: Ending Explanation?

The Lost series finale is over and it was a confusing ending.
What is the explanation of the last episode of Lost?

Is there a place on the web where the Lost series finale is explained in a clear way? Because I've been checking out some websites and forums and the ending explanation is as confusing as the finale itself.

Can someone please make a thorough explanation of Lost's Series Finale?
The ending didn't clear all my doubts, I need it to be explained to me.

asked by Mister in Television | 8791 views | 05-24-2010 at 05:15 AM

Ending
I don't know much for certain but from the ending I did draw some conclusions.

They did not all die in the plane crash. They show one of the final scenes with all of them reunited and Aaron is there as a baby. For Aaron to be there as a baby, he would have to be born first. Same with everyone else. They needed that all to happen for them to reconnect to that thing.

Other than that I'm still figuring things out.

answered by Guest | 05-24-2010 at 05:41 AM

You are right. The Lost series finale was confusing.

Without a doubt This was the GREATEST SERIES FINALE of all time. The reunions were all so beautiful and when Jack realized the truth at the end, it was amazing.

This is my explanation of the ending of lost, the series finale:

Everything that happened before on the island, everything that took place for the past six seasons really did happen. Christian Shepherd said "Everything that happened to you was real."
They all died sometime in their lives and when they did, they went to the plane in the sideways universe which is like Purgatory where they needed to find each other in order to move on. Jack died when he did on the island but Hurley and Ben died later on and Kate, Sawyer and the others got off the island and they all died.

Ben's fate is up for debate, he could have killed Hurley after a while and that's why he couldn't enter the church to go to Heaven.

The idea of the flash sideways being like purgatory and they all died but met up later was great. The whole ending made me appreciate the story BUT, I was too left with questions.
Loved that Hurley is the new Jacob and asked Ben to be his Richard.

Jimmy Kimmel had an interesting theory as to when it was that Jack died..in the first plane crash...that is why Rose tells him severla times its okay to let go ...you can let go jack...

It was more of an emotional series finale that an ending that had any true answers.

I'll forever miss Lost. What a great show.

answered by Rachel | 05-24-2010 at 05:41 AM

the ending sucked... total cop out.. they are all dead? the show has always been so much more creative

answered by Guest | 05-24-2010 at 06:35 AM

Basically the way i think of it is like this,
So the alternate and the island universe came together. And at some point they died, but was not shown, and when they did, they had there own "heaven" and that's where they went, remembering everything about there two lives they were in heaven. I don't know for sure but it was the greatest series ending ever. Also it made me cry.

answered by Guest | 05-24-2010 at 06:38 AM

Why they couldn't remember each other to begin with?
I hate it when they leave stuff unresolved.

That is just another one of those pieces of information Lost writers throw out there to drive you crazy.

what happened when jack died in the bamboo forest where he woke up in the very first episode when the plane crashed? why was Vincent there?

answered by Elena | 05-24-2010 at 01:03 PM

I absolutely loved the ending. the cork metaphor, wasn't that a cork that jack put into the hole to bring back the light.

Jacob said he had no idea how to kill the smoke monster that was up to jack to figure out. jack took the metaphysical cork out of the bottle, when Desmond removed the stone the light of good went out and the island began to crumble. so jack put the cork back in again. Jacob was not wrong.

answered by Mary | 05-25-2010 at 02:01 AM

IT was an EPIC ending... the Battle with "locke" and jack was amazing. The Love scenes brought me to tears. The way they all remembered and then realized they were dead took my breathe away and made me weep. I wish they answered a bit more... Like why wasn't Faraday ready to move on with the rest of them. and what was up with the light of the island. And who were the ancients that built the statue. I thought when Jack found out he was dead was the most amazing scene of Lost. I also agree with the theory that Jack died then in the bamboo field and that other universe was purgatory.Cristian (his dad) said everyone dies... some before you and some long after you. And I dont think Ben killed Hurley ever because he says to him you were a great number two and Ben say you were a great number one... So that shows that Hurley went on to become the new Jacob with Ben as his right hand man. All in all AMAZING.

answered by Guest | 05-25-2010 at 07:35 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.