Should Twins Sleep Together?

I'm a new parent and I want to know if it's okay if my twins co-sleep, i mean sleep together in the same crib or bassinet.
I'm expecting and I've been told that it is ok for them to sleep together but I don't know if that could affect their personalities or something.
Is it a good idea to make my twins sleep together?

asked by Marla in Controversy | 3470 views | 07-19-2009 at 12:01 AM

It's up to you but they sleep better together.
Babies are comforted by touching each other, and close physical contact calms them. They'll crawl to each other, wrap themselves around each other, and even suck on each other's hands. How long should they sleep together? There's no right or wrong answer, but up to 3 months of age is a good gauge. When you put them in separate cribs, be sure they can still see each other.

answered by Nan | 07-19-2009 at 12:04 AM

While pregnant with your twins, your babies are sharing tight quarters with one another and are developing a close bond already. Once they are born, staying close together can continue to strengthen that bond as they grow into little children.

Two babies can easily share a small sleeping space, particularly when they are within their first three months after birth. Depending on their size, snuggling together in a bassinet might be appropriate. For bigger babies, over eight pounds, a regular-sized crib might be a better bet. And with the crib there is still room to separate them if they need to be.

answered by Howard | 07-19-2009 at 12:05 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.