Eastern Standard Time Change 2009?

When does the time change for fall 2009? Eastern Standard Time?
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I am in the northern hemisphere, eastern standard time.
Can you please let me know about the change? Some people say october 31, others say november 1. At what time ?
Thanks!

asked by Francisk in Science | 3212 views | 11-01-2009 at 02:01 PM

The change to Daylight Saving Time allows us to use less energy in lighting our homes by taking advantage of the longer and later daylight hours. During the eight month period of Daylight Saving Time, the names of time in each of the time zones in the U.S. change as well. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time, Central Standard Time (CST) becomes Central Daylight Time (CDT), Mountain Standard Time (MST) becomes Mountain Daylight Tome (MDT), Pacific Standard Time becomes Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), and so forth.

Most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and reverts to standard time on the first Sunday in November. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

answered by Penny | 11-01-2009 at 02:03 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.