Snakes On A Cane? What is it?

I just saw an advertisement on TV where you can see a cane, two snakes and a website address. Snakeonacane.com
When I enter the website I just see the same cane logo with the snakes and a time counter that indicates there's still 45 days left. But to what?
What is it all about?

asked by Choo in Television | 2840 views | 08-07-2009 at 03:34 AM

I saw the ad too and I have no idea what is it.
My dad said it is something about the show House because of the cane. But I don't think so.
I wonder what's the ad about.

answered by Tylu | 08-07-2009 at 03:35 AM

It cant be the TV show House because that show airs in about 10 days, doesn't match with the countdown. Even though I saw the ad on Fox. Has anyone seen this ad on other networks?

answered by Guest | 08-07-2009 at 06:06 AM

Maybe Healthcare Vote?
Is that when Congress will vote for public option for healthcare?

answered by Guest | 08-07-2009 at 04:27 PM

It's House.
fox released it for season 6 of House.
The new snakesonacane site has his shirt imprinted, and it's house wearing it.

answered by Guest | 08-10-2009 at 10:13 AM

it's from the t.v. show House. It's him the doctor who's on Vicadin or whatever that addicting pain killer pill is.

answered by Guest | 08-11-2009 at 12:39 AM

I went to the actual site and it is complaining about the new medical reform that the government is doing. They are mocking the health care symbol which has the cane and the wings from the advertisements.

As for house, yes there is a new season coming out soon. However, there is no sign of the symbol on the fox website. Also, the ad doesn't strongly stress the fact that there will be a new season of house. So even if it were an advertisement for house, it would be a really really bad one that wasn't advertising a product.

I think the countdown represents when the health insurance bill will be brought in front of congress of whatever, caz it doesn't match up with with the House countdown on the fox website. I don't know the particulars but i know that the new health care plan is getting alot of heat.

That's my opinion anyway

answered by Guest | 08-14-2009 at 12:48 AM

As if it weren't obvious by the five o'clock shadow and t-shirt/sport jacket combo House has in almost every episode.... It's a House Season 6 advertisement. The season premiere is Sept 21 at 8 PM EDT. The countdown corresponds with that date and time.

Our government isn't efficient enough to finish the healthcare debate in the next 39 days anyway...

answered by Guest | 08-14-2009 at 03:55 AM

It appears as though it is a subliminal message for "King Obama's" Health care plan. When you go to the website, it asks you to support the Health Care Reform plan, in which our grandchildren will be paying for. It obviously does not work for other countries, so why would it work for ours. Our President may have inherited a debt from Bush, but he has almost tripled the debt in six months, with these "stimulant" packages; moreover, we have barely spent 10% of the stimulant packages, and we continue to print more money which increases our debt. If we are going to continue to print off more money, we ought to start by paying off China first.

answered by DirtSailor | 08-16-2009 at 11:59 PM

you guys are paranoid. its an advertising campaign for House. Hugh Laurie came up with it. but, go on, im sure everyone wants to hear your brilliant inductions about the link between the gestapo and public option.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2009 at 11:25 PM

haha awwwww people are fun

answered by Guest | 01-05-2010 at 07:26 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.