Is My Life As Liz Scripted?

Is My Life As Liz on MTV a scripted show or a real show?
After the show I thought it was real but my brother said it was clearly fake.
"My Life as Liz" is listed under reality in the MTV website. But I don't understand, is it fiction?
Can you clear this up to me? Is it scripted (fake) or real?

asked by Guest in Television | 22545 views | 01-19-2010 at 11:30 AM

Well My Life as Liz looked scripted to me at first.
It supposedly "Based on the real-life experiences of Liz Lee"
On some parts, the show looks real and on other parts the people seem to be acting.

Can't tell though.
Maybe parts of My Life as Liz could be real footage, but some parts could be scripted and fake.
Sometimes it looks a bit too fake though. Even having the idea of cameras at school and the way the people are posed for the camera looks a bit shady to be real.

answered by Marianne | 01-19-2010 at 11:37 AM

I have been asking myself the same question and I honestly think it's not scripted. My Life as Liz looks real to me.
If it's scripted I want to hear it from MTV.

answered by Dean | 01-19-2010 at 11:39 AM

i had the exact same thought...but then i came to the conclusion that they cant give out names such as "taylor terry". its considered offensive if bad things are said. so in my opinion, its a fictional storyline and the actors were told to just improvise the scenes. that way it still seems real because there's technically no script, but its not 'slandering' certain people at her school. either that or they just changed the names of people.

answered by Guest | 01-19-2010 at 09:18 PM

Ha it's based on how things actually happen but it's more dramatized and I highly doubt any ov the names are actually real....especially how the first and last names of most of the characters begin with the same letter: Liz Lee, Taylor Terry, Cori Cooper....it makes it more cliche...plus the names are too unoriginal and common. I bet if you went on facebook and looked them up there probably wouldn't be any profiles that looked remotely legit. Plus it kinda has that setup where each girl in the mean girls all have blonde hair.. As if only blonde girls can be mean. Which isn't true. It sets up stereotypes that relate to real life but isn't necessarily accurate. But I still love the show.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2010 at 04:16 AM

I thought it was scripted and i think it is but its still a good show

answered by Nick | 01-26-2010 at 10:21 PM

can't be unscripted.
i just watched the scene where she signs up for the talent show.

there were about 4 camera angles and each different position would have a camera in it, yet we never see a camera therefore it's clearly edited and preformed.

also the people's names
Liz Lee
Taylor Terry
Cori Cooper
(see a pattern developing?)

it's not a documentary, clearly. it could be a re-enactment "through the eyes of Liz" as the disclaimer suggests, but it's impossible that this is not an acted show.

answered by orenishii | 01-29-2010 at 01:12 PM

Clearly fake. Almost everyone in high school uses the "like" vernacular... "like" she said and then "like" I said... "um" "like" ---- just watch "The Hills" , "The City" or "Teen Mom" --- these kids speak clearly.

answered by Guest | 01-29-2010 at 01:18 PM

if you watched the first episode where she explains the show she says something along the lines of "this is life in a small town AS I SEE IT" so obviously some scenes are real, but for the most part they are "reenacted" if you will because it's how Liz Lee sees things, not how they actually are. Its not made to be a total reality show, and its pretty obvious. If you thought they were trying to make it a real reality show, then maybe you should have paid a little more attention.

answered by Guest | 02-01-2010 at 06:11 PM

yes it is
i talk to some of my friends down there and i know Cori and she is the sweetest girl, in real life its ******** cause it makes it seem like something Cori is not, mtv made this think saying Cori and them are not allowed to talk about it

answered by Guest | 02-02-2010 at 05:51 AM

if you think this show isn't scripted, please leave the phone number to your drug dealer here. i want some.

answered by Guest | 02-03-2010 at 06:59 AM

it's a lame show, who cares if it's real or fake the show sucks.

answered by Guest | 02-07-2010 at 07:44 AM

a huh
it kind of looks real but how is it that when she's at school no body even waves at the camera or walks up to Liz and look at the camera or something it's clearly fake it is fake.

answered by Guest | 02-10-2010 at 12:47 AM

Liz lee is lovely.

answered by Guest | 02-23-2010 at 04:15 PM

scripted
it is scripted, my cousin got to be a part in one of the future episodes and he said they told them what to do. They tell them what to do but i don't think there is a script, there is just a story line the characters need to follow.

answered by Guest | 02-25-2010 at 02:19 AM

the names seem too fake: taylor terry, liz lee, cori and tori....seriously?
a lot of it seems made up. but i wish i knew taylor terry's real name..
she's GORGEOUS!!

answered by Guest | 02-27-2010 at 05:47 PM

The Show isnt fake but outlined
It is scripted to a point .. I worked with Taylor Terry at Hollister and all the names are real .. They basically film their every day lives but parts of it are scripted but improvised .. Like they will be like u are going to go here today and do this and they do but they don't tell them hat to say or how to act ... Cori Cooper is a pretty nice girl really ... Same as the whole heidi and spencer thing .. They act that way because their is a need for it ... There has to be someone to hate or a show like this wont work

answered by Guest | 02-28-2010 at 08:31 AM

ummmm
i think its real and fake at some parts but who knows rite i just think the show is really awesome don't you?

answered by guest | 03-04-2010 at 09:24 PM

maybe,maybe not this is Hollywood
I think it could be real and then i think i could not be real here's way a long time ago there was this internet show about this girl is was really depress and she just was to vent her feeling in front of this camera, well sooner then later we all found out she was a actress dealing to become famous and it was a show, so that had me thinking maybe liz lee is just an actress trying to make it big and everyone else around her to. [B]. Or maybe it is really because it really does not look all that professional just a little bit and she did have an assignment to do about herself but i don't get how she got in touch with MTV!!!!!!! to get it on air so it then leads back to it not being real we can all try to make sense out of this or just watch the ******* show and be done with real or not real.

answered by silly hill billy | 03-08-2010 at 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It is scripted to a point .. I worked with Taylor Terry at Hollister and all the names are real .. They basically film their every day lives but parts of it are scripted but improvised .. Like they will be like u are going to go here today and do this and they do but they don't tell them hat to say or how to act ... Cori Cooper is a pretty nice girl really ... Same as the whole heidi and spencer thing .. They act that way because their is a need for it ... There has to be someone to hate or a show like this wont work
yeah but Heidi and spencer are really out there, not just on the show.
and i seen an article with LIZ. answering the question is it fake and she said something like how she and cory don't get along and she really like whoever, i forget exactly what she said but basically its real but there is some direction or scripting.

answered by Guest | 03-09-2010 at 04:58 AM

ok....
my life as liz may or may not be scripted but I'm sure its not they re did liz's life when she was a senior so that means they reacted when she was really in high school they didn't take cameras to school and film everything this is just the story she told mtv and there might be fake things in the show but it most likely really all happened

answered by Guest | 03-12-2010 at 01:32 AM

My Life As Liz - A Mix of Both
I say that My Life As Liz is a mix of scripted and real. There are some scenes when she's with her friends, or when she was filming Taylor Terry.. just some parts look pretty darn real. And I think that some of the characters must be the real life people, like taylor terry, because maybe she turns out to be Liz's friend in the end, you can already tell that she has some good in her. But then there's the characters that are mean like the leader of the popular girls, and people like that, who perhaps are actors due to the fact that the real people probably did not want to be portrayed as the mean people. What I think is that they did film her senior year ('they' being Liz and her friends, or perhaps a small camera crew.. maybe it was somebody's school project? Who knows), but also re-enacted various scenes in order to make them more clear, more interesting and without some of the actual people who were present in the real events, in order to produce a show that would be appealing for a television production.

answered by Guest | 03-16-2010 at 06:09 AM

Maybe They Changed The Names So Others Couldn't Like Get Numbers Or It Wouldn't Release Any Personal Information. Either Way I LOVE That Show!!!!

answered by Guest | 03-17-2010 at 10:31 PM

:/
It is obviously scripted, which leaves to ask why they even bother telling the viewers its a reality show when its clear to everyone that its the complete opposite? People aren't idiots.

answered by Guest | 03-20-2010 at 05:22 AM

It is a scripted show but it is based on a true story of her senior year just with reenactments of what happened and a little exaggeration.

answered by Guest | 03-25-2010 at 08:48 PM

So what if its scripted its still a great show, i watched one episode like few months ago and i got addicted to it

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 05:10 PM

it not scripted
if it was scripted y would MTV but it on TV n that is true Taylor terry Liz lee Cori cooper all they names start with the same letter as there last name.but still if it was fact y would they have Liz go on TV looking like an idiots it real

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 08:00 PM

Liz Lee is REAL
Burleson High School is a real highschool in Burleson, Texas and Liz Lee was a real student who graduated from there in 2009.
The show is scripted and was filmed over the summer of 2009 to recount the experiences of Liz Lee during her senior year in highschool.
The show was meant to be as a comedy/drama.
Burleson Highshool is not only famous for having MTV film there, however.
Kelly Clarkson, Stacy Sykora (Olympian), Kyle Burns & Jonathan Cook (both from the band "Forever the Sickest Kids") also attended Burleson.

answered by Morgan | 06-29-2010 at 06:01 PM

Yes, it is scripted
Well, considering i spent a decent amount of time with MTV as a writer, I can assure you the show is not 'real.' If you have ever been through high school, you would easily realize life as a student is not so surreal. Plus, life just does not work that way. This is another way for MTV to keep the interest of young and adolescent teens; what we refer to as the "ADD Generation." The show has no real value other than: keeping ratings up through establishing a false sense of reality. Hope this clears up the strange confusion people seem to have... Cheers!

answered by Guest | 06-29-2010 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ha it's based on how things actually happen but it's more dramatized and I highly doubt any ov the names are actually real....especially how the first and last names of most of the characters begin with the same letter: Liz Lee, Taylor Terry, Cori Cooper....it makes it more cliche...plus the names are too unoriginal and common. I bet if you went on facebook and looked them up there probably wouldn't be any profiles that looked remotely legit. Plus it kinda has that setup where each girl in the mean girls all have blonde hair.. As if only blonde girls can be mean. Which isn't true. It sets up stereotypes that relate to real life but isn't necessarily accurate. But I still love the show.
Actually Cori Cooper is a natural brunette and she just had her baby! look her up on facebook doll.
The show isn't scripted per say but it is indeed fake. As a matter of a fact none of them truly know each other. and As for the mean girls, Cori cooper was actually a band nerd in high school and her baby daddy is a scruffy emo kid.

Taylor Terry is a body builder and the other one well noone cares.

As far as Liz Lee she's milking the fame of the show and last I heard is doing kotex commercials.

and for the people of Burleson TX, well they hated the shows production.

answered by Guest | 01-16-2011 at 06:41 AM

My brother used to date Taylor and the show is totally scripted. I live 10 min away from where the show is shot...sometimes they aren't really in new york.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2011 at 05:10 AM

it kinda seems fake
It could be scripted, with some real life in the mix. But Luis kinda pop into the mix out of now where so... I wonder if he is getting paid to be Liz's friend, but I love the show.

answered by rabi | 07-09-2011 at 12:51 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.