Florida Appliance Rebate Stimulus Program April 2010?

Today is the first day of Florida's appliance rebate stimulus program of April 2010.
Now is the turn of Florida to take advantage of the appliance rebates and change the current appliances to ones that are more energy-efficient. The federal funds for these appliances rebates has a total of $17.5 million and this will give a total of around 68,000 that will qualify for the rebates.

I know that in order to get a chance you need to get into www.rebates.com/florida but I've been trying to do so for like half an hour and I only get error messages.

The Florida Appliance Rebate will be remembered by most citizens as more of a lottery than as an energy saving or economic stimulus program.

How can I apply for the appliance rebate stimulus program of April 2010? Is there another website I can try?
I'm interested in some products from Sears.

asked by Vincent in Personal Finance | 2822 views | 04-16-2010 at 04:41 PM

The Florida Appliance Rebate Stimulus Program website is down because today, April 16, 2010 is receiving more requests than it can handle.

If you're a Florida residents and want to get in on the Sunshine State's appliance rebate program, you should act quickly today.

Beginning at 11 a.m. EST today Florida started offering shoppers a chance to reserve their rebate by receiving a "priority number" through www.rebates.com/florida. However, shoppers must buy first before applying for a number.

Not everyone who applies for a rebate will get one. The state has about $17.5 million for rebates -- enough for roughly 66,000 appliances. The rebate applications are only available online, and the website could crash and become unavailable at times if it becomes overloaded.

In order to be part of Florida's appliance rebate program you need to buy the qualified appliance at a store. Only certain Energy Star-rated dishwashers, clothes washers, refrigerators, freezers, tankless gas water heaters and single-room air conditioners qualify. Then go to rebates.com/florida to apply for a rebate.

Few people from Florida will get lucky. The Florida Appliance Rebate Program 2010 is now officially a lottery.
One problem Florida built into itís program is that besides giving a simple rebate the state wanted to make this a more green project, and instead of just a stimulus plan for buying new Energy Star appliances, Florida added another $75 rebate for recycling each old appliance.

A priority number is not required to apply for a rebate. However, applications with priority numbers will be processed ahead of those without a number and funds are limited.

State officials expect the funds to cover about 66,000 rebates and to be gone the first day, based on the results from other states.

The rebate program will continue until all $17.5 million in rebate funds are disbursed. Only purchases made between Friday, April 16, and Sunday, April 25, 2010, are eligible to be considered for rebates, which will be paid only if rebate funds are available. Rebate applications with Priority Numbers will be processed first. All rebate applications without a Priority Number will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Consumers can receive rebates of up to $1,500 per household. Rebates will be given in the form of a prepaid American Express card, which can be exchanged for a check or electronic funds transfer.

Sears Essentials in suburban West Palm Beach opened at 6 a.m. and in the first three hours had already processed sales for close to 50 customers.

answered by England | 04-16-2010 at 04:56 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.