Tax Day Deals 2010: Free Stuff On Tax Day?

After all of the hard work and stress involved to settle up with Uncle Sam, today April 15, 2010, many businesses think that you deserve a break. Thus, some restaurants are offering Tax Day deals, and in a few cases, freebies.

Now the trouble is while this is a national trend, not enough retailers or eateries are actually sending out press releases announcing the tax day deals & freebies 2010.
Tax Day brings some bargains for those who time it right.

Personally, I may head over to McCormick and Schmicks in Troy, for their $10.40 special, in honor of those 1040 tax forms.

I was wondering if there's such a thing as a list of Tax Day Deals for today April 15 and also a list of free stuff on tax day?

asked by Omar in Personal Finance | 2157 views | 04-15-2010 at 04:28 PM

Tax Day 2010 is upon us and with it comes a slew of freebies to help us cope as we pay the price for being productive members of society.
Many restaurants and businesses in the D.C. area are aiming to take the "tax" out of tax day.
Here's a list of restaurants or retailers offering discounts to celebrate your contribution to our common good.

Now there is one company that seems to get "IRS tax day freebies 2010:" Starbucks. If you bring in a reusable mug on April 15th, or today, you get a free brewed coffee according to their website. Cinnabon, who makes those great, big cinnamon rolls with the thick frosting on top, is also part of IRS tax day freebies 2010.

Snack on two free cupcake bites from Cinnabon from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on April 15 while supplies last.

Subway is coming to the rescue with Customer Appreciation Day. Buy one foot-long sandwich and get one for FREE today. Also I heard they are giving away a free cookie.

McDonald's if offering a good tax day deal. McDonald's is offering a "Buy one, get one more for just 1 cent" on its Quarter Pounder with cheese and Big Mac sandwiches.

Staples is offering 30 pages of FREE tax return copies. Staples is also offering free on-line expert tax advice.

Whole Foods is offering to pay customers' sales tax. The tax-free shopping day is a first-time event for the Southern region.

From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., MaggieMoo’s is offering free samples of its new MaggieMia’s Ice Cream Pizza.

Dairy Queen will hand out free samples of its new Mini Blizzards from their Blizzardmobile from noon to 1 p.m. outside the main IRS office in Washington, D.C.

IHOP is commemorating the child tax credit by offering free meals for kids 12 years old and younger with each adult meal purchased from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. each day throughout April.

Those are some of the deals and free stuff I could find for tax day 2010.

answered by Collin | 04-15-2010 at 04:41 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.