Is The Hobbit Movie Suitable For Children?

We really want to watch a movie with our kids, and my husband want to go to the cinema to see The Hobbit but I don't know if this is suitable for children. I'm not so sure about what to do because for me it's the same but I don't want to go if this is not good for kids. Also, I don't know if they will understand what is The Hobbit about and maybe they are going to be bored. I know that there are other movies suitable for children so maybe we can choose another one, but my husband really wants to watch The Hobbit, so I don't know if I'm going to convince him to change it. Do you think that this movie is suitable for children or not?

asked by Makayla in Internet | 7386 views | 12-17-2012 at 02:21 PM

I watched The Hobbit last Saturday and I think it's suitable for children, the only thing is that maybe as you said they are not going to understand what is going on. Of course you have to remember that you will see a lot of battles so if your children are not used to it, they won't like it or you will find it too violent. I really liked The Hobbit, and I saw some kids in the cinema, but not too small, so I think that they knew what they decided to watch. Maybe you can choose another movie more suitable for children, depending on how old are they. If they are too small probably they won't understand and they will get really bored. I think that The Hobbit is suitable for children, but you can watch the trailer and then decide what to do.

answered by Kimberly | 12-17-2012 at 02:46 PM

Hobbit not suitable for children
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makayla View Post
We really want to watch a movie with our kids, and my husband want to go to the cinema to see The Hobbit but I don't know if this is suitable for children. I'm not so sure about what to do because for me it's the same but I don't want to go if this is not good for kids. Also, I don't know if they will understand what is The Hobbit about and maybe they are going to be bored. I know that there are other movies suitable for children so maybe we can choose another one, but my husband really wants to watch The Hobbit, so I don't know if I'm going to convince him to change it. Do you think that this movie is suitable for children or not?
The Hobbit trailer gives you no idea of the level of violence – I saw the film this afternoon, fortunately not with any children, and still feel sick at the sight of blood spurting from the Orc's arm having had its hand severed. It's disgusting and gratuitous. I watched a little girl hiding her face in her father's chest. Don't go.

answered by Guest | 12-23-2012 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makayla View Post
Yes!!!!! I am 12, and I have seen the hobbit.....it is a wonderful family movie, and I loved it.... I mean, there are some fires were the creatures are killed, but it just looks like the juice inside of blue and purple gushers..... But it is a fantastic movie....

answered by Guest | 01-22-2013 at 10:38 PM

It's fine... I saw it with a 9-year-old and he was fine....it is a fantastic movie.... The Orc's blood looks like the inside of a dark colored gusher.....go see it.

answered by Guest | 01-22-2013 at 10:40 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.