What Is An iPad?

What exactly is an iPad? Reading the news I only find articles about the new iPad and how good and shiny it is and how the iPad will revolutionize the way we use computers.
What is an iPad? From the picture it looks like a big iPod or a big iPhone.
What does the iPad do and who is supposed to use it?
What features does the iPad have, is it a phone, laptop, computer, pc? what is it? and is it worth buying?

asked by Juliet in Hardware | 4096 views | 01-28-2010 at 01:47 PM

The iPad is basically a cross device between a computer and an ipod touch made by Apple. It's not like the iPhone because you can't make call with it.
To me, it was a huge disappointment and it seems useless.

It's like a big ipod touch, Steve Jobs said it's better than a laptop but I highly doubt that.
That fact that some people get confused and doesn't understand what the iPad is may indicate the product is not worth it.

answered by Derek | 01-28-2010 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
The iPad is basically a cross device between a computer and an ipod touch made by Apple. It's not like the iPhone because you can't make call with it.
To me, it was a huge disappointment and it seems useless.

It's like a big ipod touch, Steve Jobs said it's better than a laptop but I highly doubt that.
That fact that some people get confused and doesn't understand what the iPad is may indicate the product is not worth it.

It is no useless or a disappoinment. The only possible reason it is a disappointment is if you thought that it was going to actually stand up to its hype. Apple doesn't make products because of what people make up on the internet. I mean seriously do you think it is even possible to have a computer under 1000$ that is a full computer with a slide out keyboard running OS 10 ? yeah right.

It is a product that is much much more capable than an Ipod touch but less capable than your laptop or PC It can run apps much better and with a larger screen. Once app developers start making apps for this device I can easily see many people who once said this product sucks buying it. The apps that are possible are so much better than the ones we see on ipod touch and the ones on ipod touch work with it. I mean take fieldrunners for example imagine how much easier that game would be full screen I always have problems grabbing things in fantastic contraption imagine how much easier it will be. It is a good product and people cant say ANYTHING bad about it until it is released and you use one for yourself. And remember NEVER listen to hype all it is is made up stuff people like you or I would want in a device not what is actually possible.

answered by Guest | 02-20-2010 at 10:43 PM

Understanding Apple's Magical iPad
Hi Derek,
i confused by apple too, the impression i got in the internet which is different ipad with other devices is "between iphone and pc". if you want to clear your opinion of ipad, maybe this article will help you.

answered by Guest | 04-28-2010 at 03:14 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.