Tapeworm Diet Dangers?

Have you heard of the tapeworm diet? Ever since the idea of a tapeworm diet first filtered into the mainstream there's been a lot of hand-wringing going on. Most of that concern is by people who are a bit overweight and want to lose a few pounds and are considering swallowing a tapeworm to do what they cannot do for themselves: Lose the weight. What are the dangers of the tapeworm diet?

asked by Nerve in Diet & Fitness | 4342 views | 12-30-2009 at 03:09 AM

The Tapeworm Diet is very dangerous.

When I first heard about this highly dangerous weight loss method, I thought - you've got to be kidding me. There is no way any sane and rational person in their right mind would intentionally ingest a parasite just to drop some weight.
Before I would ever do something so irrational, I would go for stomach stapling first rather than do something like this. You actually eat these sanitized worms in order to lose weight.
Before you would consider doing such a thing, let's take a look at what the tapeworm does inside the body. The purpose of my article is to point out what having a tapeworm inside of the body does, and how it not only cause rapid weight loss, but other very serious medical conditions. Not only would tapeworms eat your foods you have ingested, but also all of your essential nutrients.

Here's the problem with the tapeworm diet and why it's so dangerous -- a tapeworm is a harmful medical condition. Doing so would be like injecting yourself with a severe stomach virus in order to lose 10 pounds in a couple of days. Tapeworms don't just eat your food -- they eat your nutrients, making you malnourished ... and with a grotesque, fluid-filled belly!

answered by Antony | 12-30-2009 at 03:13 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.