Toyota Recall 2010: Prius, Corolla, Camry?

My question is about the Toyota recall... I wonder if my vehicle affected.
I drive a 2010 Toyota Camry with the traditional pedals. According to CNN, certain Camrys by Toyota are on the list of recalled cars. They also mentioned the Prius and the Corolla.
My neighbor drives a Prius and he has the same questions I have.
How can I find out if my Camry is included in the 2010 Toyota's recall.
I only find information about the Corolla, not my Camry. I looked at toyota.com and they don't have any info on this.

asked by Eugene in Car Makes | 2823 views | 01-29-2010 at 10:56 PM

This recall is a disaster for Toyota, because they are the worlds #1 automaker now, and this is the second recall in a short time.

Toyota is currently investigating how to fix the problem. They are going to be sending out notifications in February for you to call your closest dealership to make an appointment to get it fixed.

If you ever experience your Camry's gas pedal decreasing slowly when it goes back then your model might be affected, there are 3 things my work has told me to tell our customers.
1) With both feet, steadily press the brake pedal.
2) Shift it into the neutral position.
3) If, for some reason, you are unable to put the vehicle into neutral, turn the vehicle off.

Toyota is now recalling up to 9 million cars worldwide, including 2.3 million in the U.S and Canada, and has also halted production of eight cars in the U.S., while it seeks to determine how to fix the problem.

The Toyota recall has affected thousands of dealerships across the nation. Some are reporting the recall is affecting as much as 60% of their inventory. Right now, an Anchorage car dealership can't sell over half of what it has in stock.

answered by Damian | 01-29-2010 at 11:00 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.