Jets Reporter Ines Sainz Scandal?

Jets Reporter Ines Sainz, a former Miss Universe contestant, complained she was bombarded with catcalls and boorish antics at the Jets' New Jersey training facility to the extent she wanted to "cover my ears."
It is a big scandal now, Ines Sainz felt so embarrassed when it happened.
The NFL is looking into whether New York Jets players harassed Ines Sainz. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said that the league was aware of the reports that the TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz may have been singled out by Jets players and possibly coach Rex Ryan.
What really happened on Sunday between Jets Reporter Ines Sainz and the New York Jets?

asked by Logan in Other - Sports | 4612 views | 09-13-2010 at 08:15 PM

Ines Sainz, a reporter for Mexico's TV Azteca doing a story on quarterback Mark Sanchez, had footballs thrown in her direction by a Jets coach during practice, and players later called out to her in the team's locker room.

Ines Sainz gave an interview and said "In my opinion, I never felt I was attacked, I went to the locker room and started to talk about commentary and sports. Another reporter approached me to say he was sorry these things were happening...and that evidently people were making fun of me."

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said he called Ines Sainz, and offered an "open apology" to her. He also said he has interviewed "non-players" involved in the alleged taunting.

In a later Twitter post, Ines Sainz wrote, "Thanks all for your support and concern. I already testified before the NFL, and now is up to them to decide whether or not there will be consequences!"

The Mexican beauty, who is married and was named one of the "Five Sexiest Sports Reporters in the World" by FHM in 2009, is not the first female sports reporter to complain about being treated unfairly in the NFL.

answered by Blake | 09-13-2010 at 08:16 PM

Ines Sainz said that she had similar experiences of harassment before but the vocabulary was never so rude.
Sainz said she doesn't plan to pursue any further action, she's a smart girl taking care of her job.

She said, "I really believe in what NFL decide(s). Because, they called on Sunday and I made a full declaration of the act -- like a witness. And they take very seriously, and I really believe that they find that they need to punish someone, they are going to do it. And if they find if it's not necessary, I really trust in what they say."

answered by Apolo | 09-14-2010 at 02:36 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.