Is Selena Gomez Mexican?

I discovered Selena Gomez just recently in the Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place.
Selena Gomez looks Mexican, her skin color and face share are very particular. So I'd like to know if she was born in Mexico.
Or maybe she was born in another latin american country like Puerto Rico?
Also, can she speak Spanish?

asked by Guest in Celebrity | 106799 views | 07-01-2009 at 06:20 PM

Selena Gomez is not mexican. She was born on July 22, 1992 in New York City, New York. Her parents are called Mandy Cornett and Ricardo Gomez.
Her family is kind of mexican so that's why she looks mexican. When she was young, she moved from New York to a small town called Grand Prairie, in Texas.
Selena Gomez is my favorite actress. She began her career when she was seven, playing Gianna in the children's TV series Barney & Friends.
I love her so much.

answered by Marian | 07-01-2009 at 06:30 PM

Your questions is worded in a way that makes you sound ignorant. Being Latino (in this case, Mexican) is NOT synonymous with someones skin color, hair, eyes, etc. Latinos from Mexico, Central, and South America can be white, black, asian, mixed, native... anything really. But to answer your question, yes. Selena is American of Mexican and Italian descent.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant, I'm just sick of people giving being latino some sort of racial value based on sterotypes the media puts out to the masses.

answered by Guest | 07-12-2009 at 01:25 AM

Quote:
Your questions is worded in a way that makes you sound ignorant. Being Latino (in this case, Mexican) is NOT synonymous with someones skin color, hair, eyes, etc. Latinos from Mexico, Central, and South America can be white, black, asian, mixed, native... anything really. But to answer your question, yes. Selena is American of Mexican and Italian descent.

Sorry if this sounded like a rant, I'm just sick of people giving being latino some sort of racial value based on sterotypes the media puts out to the masses.
As a response:
Yes but stereotypes are most always true, you pointed that out yourself, even if you didn't mean to. I think it is you that is the ignorant one.

answered by Guest | 07-22-2009 at 02:44 AM

just stating the facts
I don't see how that sounds ignorant. She is Mexican American with Italian heritage too. And yes, hispanic's are a mix of races, so you can't really always judge a book by it's cover.

answered by Guest2 | 07-23-2009 at 08:23 PM

Mexicans are not asian, they can be anything else but not asians. I've yet to see a mexican with that plus, if an asian is born in mexico that doesn't mean they are mexican it just means they were born there. Mexicans don't have asian blood, so don't say that that is an INSULT

answered by Guest | 08-08-2009 at 04:22 AM

Uhm well, my birth certificate says i'm mexican, my mom is mexican and my dad is chinese (so i obviously have asian blood), OF COURSE you can be mexican AND asian!

answered by Guest | 08-12-2009 at 09:17 PM

It doesn't matter how you look like, or where you come from, if you look from an especific heritage or with especial features, be proud of it, and for the ones who are not exotic looking ( I mean it in a good way) respect the origin of the races.

answered by Guest | 08-19-2009 at 01:47 PM

If Selena Gomez was born in New York city does not technically mean she is american!!!! her father is MEXICAN and her mother is italian.. sooo that mean she MIXED!!! Mexican and italian!!! duh people shes not american.. her last name is not Johnson or whatever. her last name is GOMEZ and GOMEZ is a hispanic last name! Even though she was born in U.S does not make her AMERICAN..

answered by Guest | 08-28-2009 at 03:33 PM

I am French...My Mom is from france my dad is from france but i was given birth in a asian country Pakistan.....so that does not mean that i am a pakistani!!....i am 100% french!...it doesnt matter in which state you were born in....the main nationality is from your parents!

answered by Guest7 | 09-09-2009 at 08:03 PM

selena
selena gomez i mexican because her face and her skin and her last name is mexican so their is 100% that she is

answered by Guest | 10-04-2009 at 05:07 AM

Is Selena Gomez mexican?
umm everyone stfu who cares if mexican is not latino?

answered by Aguilas del America | 10-07-2009 at 07:31 PM

Ok first it doesn't matter what race selena is all that matters is that she is very sweet and pretty. So if she is mexican there is nothing wrong with that and if someone is born in a different place then what their parents are makes them 25% of their race. So that makes selena gomez 50% mexican 25% italian and 25% american so there. Does that answer your question?

answered by nunuluvzyuh | 10-28-2009 at 03:47 PM

First off, the facts are facts. Selena Gomez is HALF Mexican, and Italian. Does she act, or look mexican? No. Just because her name is Gomez, doesn't make her any more latin. She is what she is, and that is HALF.

But to be more sarcastic...

She is 30 percent italian, 10 percent mexican, and and the rest BOLOGNE. LOL

Sincerely, a Selena Gomez hater.

answered by Lizzie | 11-03-2009 at 12:07 AM

yea selina gomez is mexican
yea she is, gomez is a spanish name. and i know because im puerto rican.

answered by Guest | 11-03-2009 at 05:00 PM

Jack ass..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If Selena Gomez was born in New York city does not technically mean she is american!!!! her father is MEXICAN and her mother is italian.. sooo that mean she MIXED!!! Mexican and italian!!! duh people shes not american.. her last name is not Johnson or whatever. her last name is GOMEZ and GOMEZ is a hispanic last name! Even though she was born in U.S does not make her AMERICAN..
are you stupid?
first of all, New York is apart of america.
so if she's from new york then she's an american.
she was born here, americans are everything, we are all a mixture of different race.
so stop trying to act smart.
and one more thing, so are you saying if im from new york im not american?
maybe you should google that.

answered by Guest | 11-03-2009 at 08:12 PM

She's an American Italian Latina.

answered by Guest | 11-08-2009 at 05:32 PM

About Selena
Hi everybody, I`m writing from Mexico and feel i should reply this Cause is a fact that Selena has mexican(50%) heritage and italian too(25% & 25%). And that was exactly the reason cause Sel was choosen to be the Waverly Place Wizard's Star. Davd Henrie is included too due to his italian ascendent. It`s a kind of show with a smart target, the inmigrants and the american common audience too. It is the amazing Disney`s marketing. t`s a way to achieve the inmigrant identification with a Star. Actually, i love Selena and I`m a fan and Im proud of be mexican. And here, the mexicans are a mix by definition, here came people from Spain (only Castellans) and some frenchs an here where I live there are german people. Of course the natives too. I`m brown but I have white cousins and a blonde aunt.
I really like she was mexican but I`m afraid that she isn`t . She has mexican ascendence and heritage, but she only lived 5 years with her dad. And about the italian descendent is less strong, cause the real italian descendent is her mom. So, she is american with mexican ascendent. She dont speak spanish. Also it doesn`t matter what is her heritage, if she is gorgeous , swetty and talentous, and a "important thing" she was proud of her heritage and about the country where she lives. Because the blood and the enviromental, made her, the amazing person she is.
Everyboby `d respect the countries whose heritage made us who we are.
I`m proud of be mexican, refering to a big mix. Alsoo in Spain have a mix too, when thay was dominated for ottomans-turks. In the last days i`ve been analized this kind of issues anf i get a conclusion. The race is not the most important thing, but the culture and customes.
I love you Selena Gomez, I`m your mexican #1 fan.

Love people for who they are No for wher come from Or where her blood come from.

I want to be honest, your dark hair and that special mexican charm and your swetty face, make me love you. I will always gonna be your fan although U R`nt 100% mexican.

J. Vazquez D.

answered by Guest | 11-16-2009 at 09:33 AM

This is The Real
Selena Gomez is Mexican because she is hot!

answered by Carlos | 11-21-2009 at 11:22 PM

no,im not sorry
Hi, it's me selena and im not a mexican I have friends that are mexicans but im only american sorry but it's the truth. God bless and bye.

answered by Selena Gomez | 11-21-2009 at 11:47 PM

Please
I`m mexican and although that hurts me. Selena is american with mexican ascendence mmm only through her dad.
I have 2 special friends here in Mexico Harry & Takeshi , Harry have american ascendence but his entire life had been here in Mexico and Harry feel like a mexican no from USA. Only his father is from USA. And the Takeshi`s mom is japanese. I had meet Takeshi for years and he doesn`t speak japanese at all, and probably he feels more mexican than me, also i know speak in japanese better than him. Once i made a question about her japanese heritage and Takeshi is happy here in Mexico and he wants to follow living here.
It isn`t strange she doesn`t feel like a mexican if she know nothing about mexicans and Mexico. But that doesn`t matter she is gorgeus and smart. I love Sel.

And I can`t ask for something to my favorite star if i have mexican friends that doesn`t have mexican blood. They feel mexican and is great. I would like me tell to Sel If she doesn`t feel just a bit of mexican please Don`t lie. We are going to understand although you show had been craeted for inmigrants. I love you Sel

I don`t believe in the last reply, PLEASE don`t sign like Selena Gomez.
She has interviews, tv shows etc. to expresse her thoughs.

answered by George | 11-22-2009 at 01:39 AM

Quote:
SHE you're saying IS STILL AMERICAN so duh you dont know what

answered by Guest | 11-28-2009 at 05:01 AM

mhm
she is mexican guys.
search myspace and find all those selena gomez cholas.
selena gomez is a very common mexican name.

answered by ddmi | 11-28-2009 at 08:29 PM

she is not a mexican!

answered by Guest | 11-29-2009 at 01:06 AM

Selena
Selena's Father is a Mexicano...

answered by Guest | 11-29-2009 at 06:26 PM

SELENA GOMEZ IS MEXICAN
Selena is mexican she even said it herself her dad is mexican. Gomez is a spanish name all you haters out there are just mad because she's not white or black (haters). I'm proud that she's mexican i'm proud that i'm mexican

MEXICAN PRIDE ALL DAY

answered by jessica | 12-02-2009 at 04:41 PM

hello
Quote:
Mexicans are not asian, they can be anything else but not asians. I've yet to see a mexican with that plus, if an asian is born in mexico that doesn't mean they are mexican it just means they were born there. Mexicans don't have asian blood, so don't say that that is an INSULT
You are a big ignorant!! You can be an Asian being Mexican. A Mexican can marry an Asian and their for you are a Mexican carring Asian blood. IGNORANT!! And i am a Mexican.

answered by Guest | 12-06-2009 at 05:30 PM

She is Mexican
She is Mexican Italian American. Mexican because her dad is Mexican. Italian because her mom is Italian. American because she was born in the United States of America.

answered by Guest | 12-08-2009 at 06:33 AM

Yes she is a mexican, didn't you see her face?

answered by Guest | 12-11-2009 at 04:04 AM

Think about it..
She's a good 75% American because Mexico is part of North America hahaha

Anyways, until she is 18, she is officially an American (50%) since she was born here.

She is 25% Italian and 25% Spanish.

Good day

answered by Guest | 12-11-2009 at 09:08 PM

OMG, people is REALLY ignorant or simply retarded!

To the person who said that latinos can't look asian. OF COURSE there are latinos that look asian! We are mixed with MANY races. I'm a fair skinned Latin American for example, my neighbor is a mixed one and you can't really tell if he's Italian or what, then there's my other neighbors, the father is asian and the mother dark skinned latina, the children look asian with dark skin. So there. Then there are many creole, mulattos, indians mixed with african latin americans, latinos with whites, indians with whites, asians, well, you mention it and there we are mixed. Races mixed. There isn't one that looks exactly the same in big cities.

answered by Guest | 12-14-2009 at 04:08 AM

Selena Gomez, is half Mexican and half Italian. She is considered an Italo-Mexican born in the U.S., that's why she is considered an American.
Note:
Mexicans are thought to be the lower class of Latinos, which is utterly garbage. The Anglo's are just upset because Mexicans haven't sold themselves out to white america, like other latinos have. Puerto Rico is a prime example. That's why so many Americans are in denial of Selena's heritage. Just know, she is not an Anglo.
Furthermore, her father and maybe her mother, were fans of Selena Quintanilla, so that's probably reason she was given the name. But the point is she is more Mexican, than people would like to believe, which is sad, because people should except her for what she is. Nonetheless, she probably could careless because she is making big dollars anyway.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2009 at 10:29 PM

Selena
Selena is my best friend. Her family is part Mexican, part Italian. Hope this answered your question,

-Miley

answered by Miley Cyrus | 12-23-2009 at 10:56 PM

selena is half cast
selena is muslim she is a very pretty girl i should know she the best
and one day i asked her she said i pray to god that i want to be a muslim and a cristian so i huge her and said i will might you next time

answered by Guest | 12-24-2009 at 05:40 PM

1.you could be mexican and asian becaus my niece was born in mexico and raised in venzula and her mom is mexican and dad is indian which was not spouse to be but anyway now she is in china but my point is she is only mexican and asian but whole in mexican
p.s if any one need help with a report on asian
and mexican my email is vanessamatos at yahoo dot com

answered by Guest | 01-01-2010 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
are you stupid?
she was born here, americans are everything, we are all a mixture of different race.
sorry i don't know your name but you're right! me, i was born in new york but my mom is puerto rican, and my dad is puerto rican and dominican. since i am mixed on my birth certificate it says that i'm american because i was born in america not because of where my parents were born. get it straight!!!!!!

Sincerely, a Selena Gomez fan

answered by Guest | 01-02-2010 at 06:47 AM

Quote:
are you stupid?
Point taken, obviously if you are a registered citizen in that country, you are that race...well that is America though. Sure she is of other races decent, but she is 100% AMERICAN. Jesus Christ people like it really matters that much anyways though.

answered by Guest | 01-04-2010 at 04:19 AM

everybody shut up, she isn't mexican, mexican american, she has never lived in mexico, so she can't be mexican, she is american. she is of mexican descent but that doesn't make her mexican

answered by Guest | 01-20-2010 at 11:15 PM

noooooooooo
did you know she's going to have a baby?

answered by Guest | 01-21-2010 at 05:15 AM

Quote:
At least they have eyes

answered by Guest | 01-24-2010 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
everybody shut up, she isn't mexican, mexican american, she has never lived in mexico, so she can't be mexican, she is american. she is of mexican descent but that doesn't make her mexican
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. So just because shes never lived there she's not mexican. wow you're dumb

answered by Guest | 01-24-2010 at 08:37 AM

she is not mexican
she is not mexican she was born in texas.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2010 at 12:27 AM

Selena Gomez is mexican and italian.
she is an american but in her blood her race is mexican and
italian. her dad is mexican and her mom is italian.
Selena Gomez was named after Selena(A singer that died a long time ago).
look it up on google.

oh and by the way, mexicans can look asian and can have asian blood.
my aunt is mexican(100%) and my uncle is Japanese (100%) my cousin is half asian and
half mexican.
My other aunt who is also from mexico married a white guy but they're newlyweds so they
haven't had kids yet.

me, I'm mexican and half (something) and everyone thinks i look asian because of my dad.
my dad was an orphan so he doesn't know what he 100% is.
There is a lot of asians with mexican last names and that live there too and
got married with hispanics.

so yeah.
My family is mixed but we still have mexican in us.
just like Selena Gomez (:

answered by Guest | 01-26-2010 at 04:22 AM

Quote:
hello here people, selena gomez is not mexican. Her mom had her at 16 with some guy who was NOT mexican. After her mom had her, her mom and the guy split. Then a couple of years later her mom married a guy with the last name of GOMEZ.So the father that she has now is her STEP dad. Also selena gomez was born in texas the she moved to new york, not the other way around. Everybody in texas is AMERICAN, unless you move there and you are Hispanic, which selena is not.

answered by Guest | 01-30-2010 at 04:31 PM

she is not mexican!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
hello here people, selena gomez is not mexican. Her mom had her at 16 with some guy who was NOT mexican. After her mom had her, her mom and the guy split. Then a couple of years later her mom married a guy with the last name of GOMEZ.So the father that she has now is her STEP dad. Also selena gomez was born in texas the she moved to new york, not the other way around. Everybody in texas is AMERICAN, unless you move there and you are Hispanic, which selena is not.
Selena is not Mexican oh my, you people, and i mean Mexican people think that she is mexican but she is not. She is too too pretty to be mexican ok mexican people you got that because if you don't, well that means you are all blind to see this message ok and selena is from puerto rico ok i mean, you must be talking about selena famous mexican singer of course she is mexican and I'm surprised she is beautiful then i thought she was. AND even if she looks mexican she's not and for the people who are going to talk about my message shut up because you should talk about your own ok f... you all and no I'm not from texas thank you bye

answered by pookie | 02-09-2010 at 10:49 PM

slenagomez
[QUOTE=Carlos;11879]Selena Gomez is Mexican because she is hot![/QUOT]

she is not Mexican she is American

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 01:00 AM

i was born in america.
that doesn't make me a full american in my blood.
that makes me half mexican half italian.
my dad is mexican and my mom is italian descent.
JUST LIKE SELENA GOMEZ! Most of you guys are racist or
just rude. I'm offended.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 03:40 AM

oh wow.
Her father is Mexican and her mother is of Italian descent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selena_Gomez

She was named after Selena Q. the Spanish singer.
Selena Gomez sang a cover of one of her songs.

just because she was born here,doesn't change her race and whats in her blood.
ask her if shes half mexican and half italian and see what she tells you and get proof.
don't be ignorant...

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 03:46 AM

No, Selena was not born in mexico, but she has a mexican heritage. I searched it when i did a project on her. I don't know if she can speak spanish though my guess would be yes.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
i was born in america.
that doesn't make me a full american in my blood.
that makes me half mexican half italian.
my dad is mexican and my mom is italian descent.
JUST LIKE SELENA GOMEZ! Most of you guys are racist or
just rude. I'm offended.

Nobody except natives are full american in their blood but they are americans anyway.

answered by Guest | 02-15-2010 at 04:07 PM

she is of hispanic and italian descent

answered by Guest | 02-18-2010 at 06:15 PM

Selena Gomez is American she was born in America her races are Italian and Mexican. Besides if you look at her different pictures she looks Latino and Italian.

answered by Guest | 02-21-2010 at 03:21 AM

WOW you guys are stupid. but I guess racist and stupid come in the same Package..she is Mexican, she said it on an interview on youtube, her dad is mexican, her mom is half mexican half italian. and yeah she does look like some Mexican girls I have seen, she's really pretty. Mexican girls are gorgeous.

and to that person that said she was puerto rican, and white wtf hahahahha funny.
By the way just because you are born in the US doesn't make you white, whoever said that...Ignorant fools

answered by Peace | 02-21-2010 at 09:39 AM

First off peace shut the **** up. Second off some of you are so stupid she's half italian half latino born in America. She is one of the hottest actresses out there. And for the Selena haters do you really have nothing better to do? Last off if any of you are older than 20 and know this much about Selena Gomez your a creaper.

answered by Guest | 02-26-2010 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know when this little chat started, but I happen to be a mixture of many things, which never the less includes Mexican and Korean, which means that I am- a mexican with asian blood.
thank you.

answered by CuppyCakees | 02-28-2010 at 02:42 AM

selena
i think selena is mexican born in America

answered by Guest | 03-15-2010 at 11:19 PM

I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ ..........

answered by kira01 | 03-16-2010 at 11:31 PM

what if
what if selena was actually Mexican but born in America. maybe because her mom or dad is Mexican.

answered by rowrow | 03-20-2010 at 04:10 PM

Selena Gomez
If selena gomez has a mexican parent, she pretty much has that Latin blood blood running through her veins...It is what it is...
P.S. those Miley Cyrus comments and Selena Gomez comments sound pretty stupid
what would these celebrities be doing in a dumb conversation like this...and Miley your comment was unnecessary...
The majority of you people also don't know what your talking about

answered by Guest | 03-23-2010 at 12:15 AM

"are you stupid?
and one more thing, so are you saying if I'm from new york I'm not american?
maybe you should google that. "

Um no are you stupid? There are countries out there where it doesn't matter where you were born, your nationality is determined by their parents.
Anyways, when I think of Americans, I think of fat, sun burned, weird people. No offense but you guys need to stop eating at McDonalds

answered by Guest | 03-23-2010 at 08:55 AM

I would HATE to be mexican. How embarrassing would that be!!

answered by Guest | 03-23-2010 at 09:05 AM

62 q
selena gomez is a Mexican !
no she is not !
she was born in Texas !

answered by Guest | 03-24-2010 at 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
First off, the facts are facts. Selena Gomez is HALF Mexican, and Italian. Does she act, or look Mexican? No. Just because her name is Gomez, doesn't make her any more Latin. She is what she is, and that is HALF.

But to be more sarcastic...

She is 30 percent Italian, 10 percent Mexican, and and the rest BOLOGNE. LOL

Sincerely, a Selena Gomez hater.
What do you mean "act" Mexican?? you racist!

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 03:37 AM

?
people please!!!

she indeed is mexican and italian american.
there's your answer!

answered by Lizbeth Z | 04-08-2010 at 08:38 PM

My parents are both Mexican but born and raised in Texas. My grandparents on both sides were born and raised in Mexico. I was born and raised in Minnesota. I grew up there when no other Mexicans were around yet. I didn't have a chance to interact with any other Mexicans and didn't learn their culture nor how to speak Spanish. Most whites think I am white. They say that I look and speak like I am one of them. I am very light complected like Selena yet have dark hair. Just because I am light, have high cheekbones, speak English properly and don't have a big butt....does not make me white. lol. I am extremely proud to call myself "Mexican" and disregard that BS of being called Hispanic just because I was born here. The most racist thing that anyone can say is "well if Selena is Mexican then she must speak Spanish". So if you have German or Russian Heritage, then you should be able to speak the language too....just because of your race....doesn't seem very intelligent does it? Especially if you were raised in English-speaking schools.

answered by Guest2222 | 04-18-2010 at 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Selena Gomez is Mexican because she is hot!
just because you think she's hot doesn't mean that she's Mexican.

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 02:15 AM

selena gomez
Selena gomez is not Mexican she was born in Dallas texas

answered by Guest | 05-03-2010 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunuluvzyuh View Post
OK first it doesn't matter what race Selena is all that matters is that she is very sweet and pretty. So if she is Mexican there is nothing wrong with that and if someone is born in a different place then what their parents are makes them 25% of their race. So that makes Selena Gomez 50% Mexican 25% Italian and 25% American so there. Does that answer your question?
hi my name is Luke your wrong

answered by Guest | 05-04-2010 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
I would HATE to be mexican. How embarrassing would that be!!
Really? cause i'd be very embarrassed to be American lol. More than half your population is over weight or fat, you are ignorant and think your 100% american, when unless you're full native you're family came her from a European, African, or Asian country a few hundred years ago, you think British people have accents, when you guys are the one's with the accent. Haha, British English is the original English, your presidents and governments are responsible for the problems of most of the world, you think tacos are this things they sell at taco bell, you think pizza looks like that in Italy too when its actually totally different, you have some of the dumbest children in the world (not saying all american kids are dumb excuse me for generalizing) considering how low your school education quality is. You call your country America, when America is the name of your continent. And worst of all you think that being born in U.S.A makes you Caucasian/white ha-ha-ha please don't make me laugh.

Oh and by the way, Selena is an American-born Mexican-Italian, she said it herself in an interview, those of you who keep saying she's not Mexican; that she is 100% American, then you must be either very ignorant, racist bastards, or 9-year-olds in your mommy's laptop.

answered by Guest | 05-04-2010 at 11:57 PM

Here I Will Tell You Everything About Selena Gomez!

Birth Name:
Selena Marie Gomez

Birth Place:
New York City

Birth Date:
July 22,1992

Race Or Ethnicity:
Mexican And Italian

Selena Gomez was born to a fully Mexican father name ricardo gomez
and a italian mother name mandy teffy her parents got divorce when selena was 5 yrs old then selena and her mom moved to texas and selena grew up there selena was in barney for 2 years with BFF demi lovato but then selena moved to los angeles, california and selena started her show wizards of waverly place she had a blast doing it but guest what selena consider her self more mexican!

answered by Guest | 05-06-2010 at 01:59 AM

accidentally read this thread, just to clarify you guys are mistaking nationality with ethnicity/race, you can be American (your nationality) and be Mexican or Asian or whatever. If you are a citizen of America then you are 100% American (unless you have dual citizenship), but you can be of any race/ethnicity. I am way too old to be posting on this thread!!

answered by Guest | 05-19-2010 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmi View Post
she is mexican guys.
search myspace and find all those selena gomez cholas.
selena gomez is a very common mexican name.
WTF do you mean by "selena gomez chola"??
Girl or guy or whatever you are, get your facts straight!

answered by Angie | 05-19-2010 at 09:24 PM

This is for that person that wrote she/he would hate to be mexican:

**** YOU *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR A DISGRACE TO THIS WORLD ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!
DON'T LIKE MEXICANS, KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF YOU DUMB-****!!

answered by Angie | 05-19-2010 at 09:29 PM

Who knows
She's a mix of lots of things. In order to find out exactly what she is you would need to see who her parents parents were and there parents all the way up til the beginning of man. Also you are a an American if you live in America it doesn't matter what ethnicity you are. If you live in America you are American.

answered by Guest | 06-07-2010 at 05:38 AM

How did you drag italy into a mexican argument
Don't drag italy into this you ****

answered by Guest | 06-07-2010 at 07:30 PM

she looks american
she really looks American she even said it on here very own show on wizards of Waverly place .
and she may have announced it at the grammys but i dont know for sure however i think she's American or Mexican.

answered by kookygirl7 | 06-10-2010 at 03:39 PM

selena mexican
OK, everybody first off all, she wasn't born in NYC she was born in TX. Second off all she is Mexican because my sisters husband's last name is gomez and he is mexcan and I am mexican too. Also he is related to selena gomez and i have met and talk to her in person. She said that she is half Mexican. So all them haters out please don't be haters because she is not white or black. soo i know Selena she told me everything sooo byeeeeeeee all them haters. and I'm not lying my sister's husbands last name is gomez. Sooooo woot woot she is MEXICAN haha!!

love, selena's biggest #1 fan ever

answered by Guest | 06-20-2010 at 05:17 PM

Just saying my opinion
Selena is part Mexican and part Italian. I'm Mexican American. my mom was born in Mexico so that makes me Mexican. My dad's parents were born in Mexico but he was born here in the USA so that makes him Mexican American. If you were born in a different country than your parents, then your part of the race that your parents were born from, and your also part of the race of the country you were born in. So that makes Selena Mexican, Italian, AND AMERICAN. Anyways, it does not matter where Selena comes from. That's her business, not ours. Selena is nice,pretty, and a GREAT person. That's all that really matters.

Rock on Selena!

answered by Chiquita | 06-22-2010 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena Gomez View Post
Hi, it's me selena and im not a mexican I have friends that are mexicans but im only american sorry but it's the truth. God bless and bye.
Oh wow! Your not Selena you poser!
Well first of all, Selena is not white, african, or asian obviously. She is 2/3 mexican and 1/3 italian. Anyone with internet can see that. Just look it up in any website w her, wikipedia

answered by Guest | 06-26-2010 at 01:51 AM

Um you are ALL ignorant and really stupid if you think that if you're from a certain place that your mexican/American/Itallian etc. Nooo If you're like Asian and born in America, you're an American citizen yes but you're still ASIAN! You can be a Native American or an American Indian though. Gosh! UGH!

answered by Guest | 07-07-2010 at 05:35 AM

Quote:
she is not mexican she was born in texas.
soooo?? that means nothing. HER BLOOD IS MEXICAN! she is Mexican Italian and American! jeez.

answered by Diane Cruz | 07-10-2010 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Selena is not Mexican oh my, you people, and i mean Mexican people think that she is mexican but she is not. She is too too pretty to be mexican ok mexican people you got that because if you don't, well that means you are all blind to see this message ok and selena is from puerto rico ok i mean, you must be talking about selena famous mexican singer of course she is mexican and I'm surprised she is beautiful then i thought she was. AND even if she looks mexican she's not and for the people who are going to talk about my message shut up because you should talk about your own ok f... you all and no I'm not from texas thank you bye
hahahah that's a load of crap! too pretty to be Mexican? you're just an ignorant person (: that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. by the way she is Mexican and Italian and American. bullcrap.

answered by Diane Cruz | 07-10-2010 at 09:54 PM

Aida
Seriously amusing! Ridiculous! Couldn't stop reading!

answered by Guest | 07-14-2010 at 02:30 AM

jdfskhlgk
Quote:
hahahah omg i have a friend that is mexican american and she looks asian! a lot!!! and so do some of her sisters. But her father and mother are from Mexico with no Asian blood. its weird! but yeah latinos are definitely different and looks can vary.

answered by Guest | 07-17-2010 at 12:32 AM

selenagomez
on her Wikipedia page, it says she was actually born in Texas, not in new york.

answered by Guest | 07-21-2010 at 11:02 PM

I'm pretty sure she's spanish.

answered by Guest | 07-23-2010 at 03:34 AM

Holy Cow, how old do you have to be?
Yes, if you are born in America it does actually mean your an American, even if you were born in a plane 10000 feet over the country. The rules in America are, if your born here your American. I don't know about in Mexico but if one of your parents are Mexican you can become a Mexican citizen if you want to. Some places like Germany don't make you a citizen because you are born there. Some places like America do.

Your name, like Gomez, Obama, Jackson or whatever do not make you a citizen of any place.

answered by Guest | 07-23-2010 at 06:59 AM

selena gomez
Ok ignorant people your nationality is from you are born...if you were born in America guess what your American if you were born in Mexico wow your Mexican...why do you think a lot of women want their children to be born in the United States so they'll be citizens...wow the ignorance is amazing...I was born in the united states my mother is Puerto Rican and my father is Dominican but I am 100% American with Latin American parents.. do some research people you are from were your birth certificate says you are look it up

answered by Guests | 07-24-2010 at 03:11 AM

Selena is mexican and italian you can check it out here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1411125/bio

answered by Guest | 07-24-2010 at 04:22 AM

She is Mexican. She says that in every interview!

answered by Guest | 07-24-2010 at 04:49 PM

she is Mexican because her mom or dad are Mexican because my mom said that she heard that on TV .

answered by Guest | 07-28-2010 at 12:46 AM

UMM HELLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena Gomez View Post
umm hello first of all ur not selena gomez you're a poser and yes selena gomez is mexican and italian she mentioned it on a video selena said hi guys i'm selena gomez and my dad is fully mexican and my mom is italian just letting you know thank you

answered by Guest | 08-04-2010 at 12:35 AM

get it right!!
selena gomez is pakistani.. dont be fooled!! she will put a geehod out on you fools

answered by Guest | 08-04-2010 at 11:53 AM

you're dumb!!
Quote:
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. So just because shes never lived there she's not mexican. wow you're dumb
at first being Mexican means that you're from Mexico and that's your NATIONALITY not ETHNICITY !! she is American mother ******!! the only one who's dump and stupid is you! "So just because shes never lived there she's not Mexican. wow you're dumb" WOW YOU'RE DUMB obviously you don't know what Mexican mean! and you're English is bad!! if I have never lived in Russia, for example, I CANNOT be Russian! so and if she lived there.. but she don't she still cannot be Mexican her mum is White (Italian) that makes her mixed and mums are more important so **** on the Mexican thing! in next time shut up! you are more smart when you don't talk!! trust me!!

answered by Guest | 08-07-2010 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
selena gomez is a Mexican !
no she is not !
she was born in Texas !
haha I cannot stop laughing hahaha! yeah that's so true!!! Mexican blah blah.. thank you God I'm not Mexican... that would be a blame to me!! I'm English yes yes yes!
she is Mexican just for Mexicans!! because they love her and they want that she is as same as they are.. vain!!

answered by Guest | 08-07-2010 at 09:12 PM

Well She is kinda, I don't know
The thing I know, I'm her biggest fan

answered by ivelisse Biggest Fan | 08-12-2010 at 12:31 AM

Selena Gomez is Mexican
Yes, it's true, Selena Gomez is Mexican because of her father, he arrived to USA like an immigrant and he met his wife who is from Italy. She works in the theater, but they got divorced. Selena Gomez stayed with her mom and doesn't know how to speak spanish.
That's why Selena Gomez looks like Mexican, she's very normal and pretty.

this is the truth

answered by EL MERO MERO | 08-13-2010 at 05:23 AM

i think that Selena was a great singer and i wish that she was still here with us.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:41 AM

Yes she is mexican. Her last name is Spanish too.
She is half latina and latina is not a race its a culture.
Many of them are white.

This is the truth.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 09:47 AM

I think all that really matters is how an individual identifies themselves.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2010 at 07:52 AM

comment