Internet Explorer Shutdown Problems?

I browse the web all the time using Internet Explorer. Im having a bit of a problem with my internet explorer browser. Every time I surf the internet it works for about 3 minutes, and then i shuts down by itself. I get a window that says "Re-start."
My cousin mention I may have adware or a similar malicious application that causes internet explorer to shut down by itself.
I want to reinstall internet explorer but I was told you can't do such thing, I'm using windows xp with ie 7.

asked by Question in Software | 2912 views | 01-10-2010 at 12:40 PM

That is a strange problem indeed. Have you tried to repair IE? I believe it's in the add/remove programs icon in the Control Panel. Click the Remove button and you should get the option to "Repair" IE.

If that doesn't work run an Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Application

Step 1

Spyware and viruses are known to cause problems with Internet Explorer shutting down unexpectedly. Download AVG, an anti-virus/anti-spyware application, from its website (see link in Resources). Download the free version or you can select the paid version if you want more options.

Step 2

Click the tab labeled "Get it Now" in the section that describes the version you want to download.

Step 3

Click on the link to "Check System Requirements" first to make sure your computer can handle this application. If you are satisfied that it can, scroll down and click on the "Download" or "Buy Now" tab for the version of AVG you want.

Step 4

Follow the prompts that appear if any do. Once the download is complete, open the application.

Step 5

Click the tab on the left-hand side of the page that says "Computer Scanner." In the next window that appears, select, "Scan whole computer." AVG will automatically remove any infections that it discovers.

answered by Nelson | 01-11-2010 at 03:27 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.