How Many Calories Should I Eat a Day to be Healthy?

I want to start a diet, and I know it's hard because Christmas is coming but I'm really trying and the first thing I would like to know is how many calories should I eat everyday because I want to be healthy again. When I was younger I had the perfect figure and now I had to study so much that I didn't have enough time to go to the gym and eat healthy food. Of course I didn't count the calories and now I regret but I didn't know how many should I have per day, so I didn't care. Now I I'm doing a lot of exercise and I'm trying to come back to my original body but it's really difficult. I'm going to eat healthy food but I want to know how many calories a day so I can know what to cook. Thanks!!!

asked by Lilly in Diet & Fitness | 1554 views | 12-07-2012 at 09:04 PM

I know how hard can be to start a diet now, but it's necessary, and more if you don't feel comfortable with your body, so it's good if you want to start counting how many calories you consume every day so you won't eat more than what you need. The US authorities recommend 2,700 calories a day for men and 2,200 for women but of course it depends also in how much exercise you do in your life. For example, if you don't do a lot of activity you should eat 2,000 calories and if you do some you can eat to 2,200 because you are a female. If you were a men and you have a sedentary life you should eat 2,200 calories a day to be healthy and if you have an active life you can eat to 2,700 calories to be healthy.
Good luck with your diet and I hope you will find healthy food and with all the calories you need.

answered by Violet | 12-07-2012 at 09:05 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.