The God Particle Discovered?

I've recently heard of the God Particle and that the answer of the Universe origin might be on its discovery.
The God Particle apparently explains how the universe was created so the fact that it may be discovered is a big thing. But has it actually been discovered or is it just another one of those fake news they announce?
Is this the era where Science is proved to be right and the Church is proved to be wrong? What is all this mess about then?

asked by Martin in Science | 2295 views | 12-15-2011 at 10:39 PM

The called 'God Particle' is another name for the Higgs boson, which is a theoretical massive scalar elementary particle predicted to exist by the Standard Model in particle physics. The God particle hasn't been discovered yet but scientists are very close to doing it. Also, this particle is thought to give mass to other particles. I don't know how true this could be but we are witnessing an era in which Science and Religion, as you said before, collide and dispute the truth about the Universe and its secrets. Tough to pick a 'winner', though.
I really hope the particle gets discovered so we can learn more about our universe.

answered by Shelby | 12-15-2011 at 10:43 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.