Lunar Eclipse December 2011 Pictures?

I've read about a Lunar eclipse taking place by December 2011, that means this year and I don't know if it already took place as the news never say anything about that sort of stuff around here. What date is the Lunar Eclipse taking place in December 2011? Does anyone know the exact date? I don't want to miss it this time. If so, will it be at night, right? Hope I didn't miss it out.

asked by Siri in Astronomy & Space | 2535 views | 12-15-2011 at 05:30 AM

Firstly, whether it takes place at night or during the day will depend on what point of the globe you are on by the time it performs. Sorry to tell you that it was yesterday, though, you will only be able to see it in pictures. By the Northeastern part of Pennsylvania in the United States it started at 7 AM, the Moon was setting. It was already beginning to redden as it moved into the penumbra of Earth. People on the West coast (California, etc.) would have seen it as a total lunar eclipse. Here is one of the pictures for you to check it out at least:

[images=Lunar Eclipse 2011]http://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Lunar-Eclipse-Surprise-by-Michael-Khan.jpg[/images]

answered by Brian | 12-15-2011 at 05:33 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.