NYC Hurricane Evacuation Zones Map?

I'm from NYC and I want to know if there's a hurricane evacuation zone map I can check.
Due to the approach of Hurricane Irene, the city has issued a mandatory evacuation order for New Yorkers.
I'd like to to find out if my area and home is located within the boundaries of New York City's evacuation zones.
Hurricane Irene is expected to impact New York on Saturday, I checked the city's website but I couldn't find a map there. Anyone can help me?

asked by Jessie in Weather | 3649 views | 08-27-2011 at 02:47 AM

New York City officials issued an order for the evacuation of about 250,000 residents of low-lying zones at the city’s edges because of the hurricane.
Those places include parts of the financial district in Manhattan, as well as sections along the Hudson and East rivers.
Major affected neighborhoods in NYC include Manhattan’s Battery Park City, Coney Island and other Brooklyn beach communities, The Rockaways in Queens and the Shore areas of Staten Island.
This map shows all the Hurricane Irene Evacuation zones in NYC.

NYC Hurricane Irene Evacuation Zones

answered by Larry | 08-27-2011 at 02:47 AM

Irene is still a Category 1 hurricane that is centered about 300 miles south of New York City and right now it's moving this way at a speed of 13 mph.
The storm made its official landfall just after first light near Cape Lookout, N.C.

answered by Guest | 08-28-2011 at 05:27 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.