Motorola Xoom Tablet vs iPad?

The Motorola Xoom tablet has impressed everyone who has laid their hands on it with its sleek and stunning appearance and the fact that is full to bursting with fab features.

One of my friends currently owns an iPad, I've played with it a bit and it's impressive how easy it is to browse the web.

I was about to buy an iPad, but should I wait for the Motorola Xoom tablet to be released instead? Where can I find a comparison of the two products? What are the specs, price and release date of the Xoom and why are so many people saying it is better than the iPad?

asked by Easton in Other - Electronics | 3261 views | 01-07-2011 at 04:19 PM

The Xoom tablet is way better than the iPad, it comes with a lot of great new features. It will support Flash video content, something Apple's iPad does not.

The Motorola Xoom tablet has a 10-inch widescreen display and is actually a hair thinner than an iPad: Xoom measures 12.9mm at the middle while the iPad measures 13.4 mm. The docking port is on the bottom, so it will sit in landscape view, not in portrait view, the way the iPad does.

Both tablets use LCD technology but the fact that you’ve got more of it to play with on the Xoom puts it ahead.

The tablet from Motorola includes both a 2-megapixel camera on the front and a 5-MP camera on the back, combined with Google's own Google Talk video-calling software built in, the iPad has no cameras.

answered by Charles | 01-07-2011 at 04:20 PM

Xoom>Ipad
The iPad is an underpowered device with only 256 MB of ram and a 1GHz single core processor. The zoom has 4x the ram and about three times the computing power. iPad also doesn't support Flash either which is a huge handicap in my opinion. How can they claim the whole internet experience without Flash?

answered by Guest | 01-10-2011 at 05:47 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.