Zinc Countertops Price?

I'm planning a new kitchen. My husband is interested in zinc counters, but we haven't seen any in person or heard a review from any owners. I've been told zinc counters can be a little expensive. What's the average price of zinc countertops?

asked by Debbie in Decorating & Remodeling | 6258 views | 08-19-2009 at 10:40 PM

For those who want that professional restaurant style in their homes then a stainless steel countertop is the obvious choice for your kitchen. Stainless steel is made from steel alloy, chromium and nickel. It is stain resistant, non-porous, dent resistant and heat resistant.

Stainless Steel countertops can range in price from $75 - $150 sq ft. This price variance depends on your choice of thickness, design and installation process.

Stainless Steel countertops are extremely durable and are resistant to all spills, stains, moisture, heat and rust. It should be mounted onto plywood to help alleviate denting. General cleaning with stainless steel cleaner will keep your countertops shiny and new for years to come. Be aware that stainless does scratch and will dull your kitchen knives.

answered by Bell | 08-19-2009 at 10:41 PM

I have fabricated quite a few counter tops, backsplashes, range hoods and fireplace mantels ect using a lot of metals including zinc, after 20 years of custom fabricating it is by far the softest material I have worked with, most any liquid will stain unprotected zinc so it will patina quite quickly a few coats of carnuba wax provides good protection.
As for cost per sheet zinc is apx 4 times the cost of stainless steel and about 2.5 times the cost of copper.

answered by Trix | 08-19-2009 at 10:42 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.