Wayne McLeod Jacksonville Death?

Wayne McLeod, a Jacksonville-based investment advisor who marketed his wares to federal employees across the country was found dead in a Mandarin park.
Days before, Wayne McLeod sent an e-mail to investors where he said clients he was terminating the “FEBG Fund,” a private investment tool that had been marketed as an investment vehicle with great returns.

His death seems to be a suicide by gunshot.
All the investors want their money now, what actually happened to Wayne McLeod?
Do you believe he killed himself or did someone murder him after he sent the email?

asked by Caden in Investing | 6223 views | 06-24-2010 at 06:32 PM

Wayne McLeod is known around Jacksonville as a fun, loving, family man. But on Tuesday afternoon, he was found dead in Mandarin Park.
His death was a surprise for everyone.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says it responded to a suicidal man in the park. When officers arrived they found McLeod shot to death in his car. A handgun was found next to him.

Wayne McLeod told clients he was terminating the “FEBG Fund,” a private investment tool that had been marketed as an investment vehicle with spectacular returns.
Interest payments for the month of June had “been suspended” and “nothing further [would] be sent,” wrote McLeod, CEO of the Federal Employee Benefits Group. He went on to inform his clients that he was praying that they would forgive him at some point in the future.

So far nobody knows what actually happened to Wayne McLeod. His family says he was a calmed man who would never commit suicide. Maybe somebody did this to him and made it look as though he killed himself.

answered by Josiah | 06-24-2010 at 06:39 PM

What? A nice man? Where have you been?

Wayne McLeod was running a Ponzi scheme that victimized an estimated 260 law enforcement agents. McLeod raised at least $34 million since 1988 by luring active and retired government employees to invest in the "FEBG Bond Fund" with false promises of annual returns between eight and 10 percent. McLeod operated the fund through the Federal Employee
Benefits Group, Inc.
The SEC alleges that the "FEBG Bond Fund" did not exist.
"McLeod victimized law enforcement agents and other government employees who dedicated their lives to the service of this country," said Eric I. Bustillo, Director of the SEC Miami Regional Office. "The victims gave years of public service and McLeod stole their futures."
Oh yeah.. I can picture someone blew his head off and placed the weapon to make it look like a suicide. Bravo.

answered by Guest | 06-28-2010 at 04:43 PM

To the person in quote 3. PISS OFF!!! I do not know Wayne, but I know his children. They had no idea what their father was doing!!! So not only did they lose their father to his own stupidity and greed, they have to listen and read the stupid **** you people write!!! I agree that Wayne was a dumb a** and took the easy way out, but do not make his children suffer. I can assure you, they had NO IDEA what that man was doing.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 06:00 PM

Sadness
You know I have read more than 1 post w/ people defending Wayne Mcleod. I think that people should recognize the distinction between his dealings and his family, after all, they, along with the 260 people whose futures he stole, just had their idea of reality shatter all around them. That being said I'm sure everyone feels for, well, everyone. However, this guy did some bad stuff that has lots of consequences for lots of people: trickle down affect - one couple loses everything and it changes not just their situation, but their close relative’s situations. So his crimes, unforgivable and irreparable, and he is going to be under the knife of everyone in society.... so hang on. I work in the financial industry and I have to say... my first instinct was to hate this guy... he hurt my industry's credibility.

answered by Guest | 06-30-2010 at 10:59 PM

Clueless People
What about the DEA Agent who was killed in the line of duty. Mcleod had the wife give him the insurance settlement for his own enjoyment. She was pregnant with 2 children. Mcleod shot himself. He was a piece of ****. He did not even care about his own family to do this scam.

answered by Guest | 07-20-2010 at 06:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.