Nook vs Kindle Review 2010?

I just typed in Nook vs Kindle to see what other people has to say about the two devices' latest version in 2010. Couldn't find a good review.
I want to buy a new device to read books and I can't decide between the Barnes and Noble's Nook and the Amazon's Kindle.
I've been reading some forum posts and reviews and apparently people prefer the Kindle. But why is better than the Nook? Does it have better specs?
Is the Kindle way more advanced than the Nook? Where can I find a comparison?

Which one do you prefer, the Nook or the Kindle? If you find any good reviews please let me know.

asked by Allison in Other - Electronics | 9543 views | 06-22-2010 at 01:57 AM

I would personally get a Kindle 2. But the Nook is awesome.

Both the Nook and the Kindle devices have 2GB of memory, the Nook also has a microSD slot so it can have more than 1,500 books or newspapers—or whatever else—on it. The Kindle does not have the option of expandable memory. The Kindle also isn’t compatible with ePub and doesn’t have as many free options as the Nook.

However The Kindle 2 has been reviewed and revered as a more reliable e-reader. Its international wireless capability is also quite the perk, along with its simplistic and utilitarian format. The minimalist may prefer the Kindle 2 to the Nook, seeing the color touchscreen and innovative complexities as frivolous details. Both are great devices, with different characteristics.

The Nook Unique Feature #1- The Nook eBook Reader boasts a lively color navigation screen. This means full color when you are scrolling through your ebook title covers, newspapers, magazines, etc. The Kindle 2 is still a gray-scale screen.

The Nook, billed as the first Android-powered e-book reader, features not only a 6-inch E-ink screen but a color touch screen that allows you to navigate content and also can turn into a virtual keyboard for searches.

The Nook does weigh an ounce more than the Kindle (11.2 ounces vs. 10.2 ounces) and can't match the Kindle's battery life (10 days vs. 14 days). And while it does play back MP3 audio and has a built-in speaker, it doesn't have the Kindle's text-to-speech feature or a Web browser.

It's a close race with pricing, 3G and Wireless capabilities being basically identical. The only real difference is the color navigation screen, which has been speculated to be slow. The lending feature? It seems like a feature that is unrealistic in real use.

The Nook is a little thicker than Kindle 2, but it's also substantially shorter, which may be a more significant physical advantage.

answered by Xavier | 06-22-2010 at 02:08 AM

Nook has Web browsing
They keep pushing new features out to the Nook.
Both Kindle and Nook now less than $200.

Kindle may have the advantage for buying eBooks when outside the US, but that may change.

answered by Guest | 06-26-2010 at 07:03 PM

this is all I've found i have the same question

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372819,00.asp

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 12:25 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.