Moammar Gadhafi Dead: Photo & Video?

Moammar Gadhafi, Libya's dictator for 42 years is dead after revolutionary fighters overwhelmed his hometown of Sirte and captured him.
I have seen the photo and even a video of Moammar Gadhafi after his death. Do you think that is OK for the media to release such footage of a dead person?
Even if we're talking about of a terrible dictator like Moammar Gadhafi, I think the dead photos are just despicable and disrespectful for humanity.
Moammar Gadhafi is not going to do more damage, he is gone. Why celebrate his death by showing a video of his body?

asked by Kristy in Law & Ethics | 1460 views | 10-20-2011 at 11:18 PM

Yes, I think they should have made the same thing they did with Osama Bin Laden. They didn't show any dead photos or any videos of his body.
Even though I'm sure photos exist, they preferred to keep them for themselves. The dead deserve some respect, no matter who they are.
Moammar Gadhafi was one of the world's worst dictators, who brutally warped his country with his idiosyncratic vision of autocratic rule.
Libya did the right thing when they took Moammar Gadhafi down, I hope they can get organized and form a fair democracy.

answered by Tyler | 10-20-2011 at 11:19 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.