When Do Clocks Change in Fall 2011 USA?

When do we change our clocks in fall 2011 in the USA? We're approaching the end of the year and that's when we have to fall back an hour.
The thing is, I can't remember if the time change takes place in October or November.
I just know it's in the fall, at least in the USA, other countries might change their clock at different dates.
So please tell me, when am I supposed to change my clock? What date and at what time?

asked by Paul in Internet | 6787 views | 10-23-2011 at 04:32 AM

Daylight Saving Time started on Sunday, 13 March and ends on Sunday, 6 November in 2011.
We change our clock on at 2 AM EST. That means that 2:00 am on Sunday becomes 1:00 am the same day.
United States changed to the first Sunday in November so that Halloween would always fall during Daylight Savings Time.
Some locations don't change the clocks at all but most of the USA does. You should look it up in your state's official website just to make sure.

answered by Everywhere | 10-23-2011 at 04:33 AM

I'm one of those people who always get lost with the time change in the fall and I never know for sure when to change the clocks. I just tell my husband to do it.
Since he's not in the USA this month, I need to do it myself. Thanks for the answer.

answered by Guest | 10-25-2011 at 07:03 AM

I live in a state that doesn't change the clocks in the fall or in the spring and we do just fine.
I'll never understand why most of the USA changes their clock, it's just too confusing.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 02:24 AM

So this question has been sort of answered but just in case, let me clear it out for you.
You change the clocks on Sunday, November 6, 2011. That will actually be next week and you should do it at 2:00 AM.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 12:21 PM

Widespread confusion was created during the 1950s and 1960s when each U.S. locality could start and end Daylight Saving Time as it desired. Then the national government said it would be better if every state changed the clocks at the same time.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 06:44 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.