Easy Leftover Ham Recipes For Dinner?

Looking for ideas to use using my leftover ham?
I baked a ham for Christmas, and now I want to do something easy with the ham leftovers... any ideas for an easy and yummy recipe for dinner?
I usually make ham salad but I want to try something new.

So what would be some creative, tasty and low cal recipe I can do with the leftovers? I'm sure I will be making several meals out of it.

asked by Zoe in Foods | 3964 views | 12-26-2010 at 11:25 PM

Here's a recipe that uses ham leftovers.
Ham Macaroni Bake

1 (8 oz.) pkg. elbow macaroni
1 can cream of celery soup/or cream of mushrooms
1/4 c. milk
1 sm. onion, minced fine
1 c. diced cooked ham
1 c. (1/4 lb.) grated sharp Cheddar cheese

1. Stir macaroni into large amount boiling salted water and cook per package direction. Drain well and rinse in cold water.
2. Stir in soup, milk, onion, ham and half the cheese. Pour into buttered 6 cup baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and more ham cut into thin slices if desired.
3. Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) for 30 minutes.

If you want to try something else, there's the obvious ham sandwiches, of course. I also like to cut the ham into small cubes (maybe a half-inch per side), and use it in omelets.

Also, you can do a nice Lentil Soup with Ham Bone, chopped onion, carrots and celery. A great way to get a protein!

Another idea to use left over ham is ham casserole. Dice up the ham, and make noodles, mix half-half with milk. Put it all together and cook it in the oven. Its great on busy nights to make.

answered by Sydney | 12-26-2010 at 11:26 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.