Thawing a Turkey Breast Fast: How Long?

My turkey breast is still frozen inside the fridge. How long is it going to take to be fresh again?
If I'm planning to cook that bird for Thanksgiving, I need to get a move on and get it thawed as soon as possible.
How could I thaw the turkey breast really fast or could I just start cooking it frozen? How much time is it going to take?
I'm feeling kind of desperate right now because I need to cook that turkey breast and it's still frozen and I don't want it to take all day to defrost.
Please let me know the quickest and fastest way to thaw a turkey and how long it's going to take.

asked by McKenna in Foods | 2689 views | 11-23-2011 at 08:17 PM

I've been in your situation before, once I only had hours before my guests arrived and I still had to thaw my turkey breast.
But don't worry, just take your turkey breast out of the fridge right now, and place it in cold water inside of the sink.
This is the fastest and safest way to defrost it. How long is the thawing going to take? That depends on the size of your turkey breast but if it's a regular one, between 3 and 5 hours.
Whatever you do, just don't try to cook the turkey while it's still frozen, that will ruin your whole Thanksgiving meal.

answered by Kathryn | 11-23-2011 at 08:18 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.