Autism: MMR Vaccine Side Effects and Autism?

I'm 17and when i went to see the doctor she told me I'm due a 2nd MMR vaccine. But I'm afraid to get it since I don't want to get autism. I'm hearing some crazy stories about the MMR vaccine and austism on little kids.
Do children become ill after the MMR vaccine because it contains the poison mercury? If mercury is a poison and it's in the MMR vaccine, then why aren't people seeing a link between that and why children show strange autism symptoms after having it?
Can anyone provide any factual information regarding the link between autism and the MMR vaccination?

asked by Rossie in Drugs & Medicine | 3676 views | 02-02-2010 at 06:59 PM

The MMR vaccine does NOT cause autism. There is not ONE study that proves that it does. There was ONE man who reported a link, and he came out a admitted he made it up.
My 4 children have all had the MMR vaccine, and none of them are autistic. They've also never had measles, mumps, or rubella...obviously.
go and read as much as you can about it and make your own decision.
Don't worry about your vaccine, It is given as a booster. You've already had one with no reaction, relax.

What side effects have been reported with the MMR vaccine?

Fever is the most common side effect, occurring in 5%-15% of vaccine recipients. About 5% of persons develop a mild rash. When they occur, fever and rash appear 7-12 days after vaccination. About 25% of adult women receiving MMR vaccine develop temporary joint pain, although this symptom is related to the rubella component of the combined vaccine.

There is a lot of controversy regarding this vaccine. Lots of studies and trials of the vaccine were taken but the samples were too small and did not follow children up for a long enough period to gauge potential problems and confirm the link to autism.

answered by Morgan | 02-02-2010 at 07:06 PM

What an obvious set up
I've yet to read anything that proves MMR doesn't cause autism except for people giving the opinion it doesn't. Quoted Studies are unreliable and are likely paid for by government programs or vaccine producers. Those who suggest conspiracies are made up has blinders on.

answered by Ross Coe | 04-27-2011 at 02:00 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.