Vernita Lee: Oprah's Mother Bio & Pics?

Today, Oprah revealed that she has a half-sister who was born in 1963 but whom Oprah didn't know about until last year.

They both share the same mother, Vernita Lee. She gave birth to Patricia, and then she gave her up for adoption because she could not afford to raise her.

Where can I read more about Oprah Winfrey's mother Vernita Lee? I'd like to read her bio and see her pictures.

Why did Vernita Lee ignore Patricia when she reached out to her?

asked by Sabrina in Television | 5408 views | 01-25-2011 at 01:57 AM

Vernita Lee, chose to not meet Patricia probably because Oprah had another half-sister also named Patricia who had hurt Oprah in the past by going to the tabloids, and who had died from drug abuse.

Vernita Lee was born in 1935 in Mississippi. Shortly after Oprah's birth, she moved north to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and young Oprah was left in the care of her maternal grandmother. At age six, Oprah left Mississippi to join her mother again in Milwaukee.

Vernita currently lives in condominium in Milwaukee purchased by Winfrey. She was in the audience for Oprah's fabulous 50th birthday party and she was in the audience for another special show.

Here's a picture of Oprah's mother Vernita Lee.

Vernita Lee Oprah's Mother

answered by Stacey | 01-25-2011 at 01:58 AM

Vernita looks just like Oprah.
I wonder how Vernita Lee explained to Patricia why she gave her away and never tried to find her.

answered by Guest | 01-25-2011 at 02:02 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.